22 Random Thoughts You Have As An Eternal Insomniac
Health Wellness

The insomnia is real. The struggle to sleep is real.

97
Girl laying in bed

Have you ever had one of those awful nights where you just can't sleep? You try everything to help you sleep, but your brain won't shut off. That my friends is a case of insomnia. For those of you lucky ducks who've never experienced insomnia, it can be absolutely miserable and make you feel terrible the next day. It's like a fight between your body and mind. Your body needs sleep, but your mind won't let sleep come to you.

If you've ever experienced one of those nights, you know how your mind races and a million random things pop in your brain. Insomnia can be a total nightmare.

1. It’s 2 a.m., and I’m wide awake. WHY?

I've been in bed for HOURS now, and I'm still not asleep.

2. Is the front door locked? I hope it’s locked.

I should really check if the door is locked, but I'm too lazy to get out of bed.

3. Where are my car keys? 

Did I put my keys in my purse or on my desk? I can't remember.

4. I think I forgot to text someone back. 

It's too late to text back now.

5. What am I going to wear tomorrow?

I don't know what I'm going to wear. This should really be the least of my concerns right now.

6. Maybe I should watch Netflix.

Watching something might help me fall asleep, but it could also make me stay up.

1.      7. I wonder if anyone else is up right now…?

I could use someone to talk to instead of talking to myself.

1.        8. I could text someone, but then I’ll look crazy for texting this late.

People will think I'm nuts if I text this late.

1.       9. I’ll just get up and walk around the house.

Walking around might help take my mind off not being able to sleep.

1.      10. It’s so lonely being the only one awake.

Why me? Why can't I sleep?

1.      11. Maybe I’ll wake up just one person, so I’ll have someone to talk to.

Who will be the lucky person that I wake up to keep me company?

1.        12. I think I’ll have Pop-Tarts for breakfast. 

At least I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning.

1.     13. Wait, I forgot to check Facebook before I went to bed. 

I could have missed something important. You never know what you'll see on Facebook.

1.     14. What time is it now?

Time flies by when you can't sleep.

1.     15. I could wake up the dog. I’m that desperate.

The dog won't get mad at me. At least I hope so.

1.     16. I need to clean my room. 

My room is a mess. Maybe that's why I can't sleep.

1.     17. I guess I could start reading that book I bought a month ago. 

I have nothing else better to do. Let's try reading.

1.     18. I better just put away those clothes. 

I definitely will never be able to rest if I don't put those clothes away.

1.     19. I’m so tired. I NEED SLEEP.

Please, I' begging. Let me rest.

1.      20. OK, I’m going to try really hard to sleep now.

All lights are off. My phone is put away. The laptop is turned off. My eyes are closed, and fingers crossed I'll fall asleep.

1.      21. It’s 4 a.m. Please give me SLEEP.

It's so late. It's almost morning.

1.      22. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow. Great.