Thoughts Everyone Has While Waiting for College Letters

The unnervering anxiety that drives your mind insane

33
Google

We've all been at that moment where for just a few months we're narrowed in on one thing. Filling out applications for college, trade schools, scholarships, and submitting portfolios. It's a process thrown at you with only a few months to complete a series of essays and resumes to tell schools everything about what makes you a student they'd want in their schools. Every hobby, school activity, sport and extra ciriculars tossed into the mix of transcripts, teacher reccomendations, and school history. We put ourselves through this temporary process in hopes for that gratification. Gratification of being accepted, the school we dream of wants us. To feel that everything we put in, means something and that everything we did matters.

Once we've hit the "submit" button, and payed the application fees and said "hasta lavista!" to our final portfolios we can sit back with a sigh of relief. If only.

So now, what are we left with? Waiting! Every school is different with their deadlines, the dates they send out letters and etc. It becomes an endless waiting game. It could take weeks, or months to even here a simple ounce of feedback. All admissions offices will do is confirm what's on their websites. You're just left to count the days and refresh your emails nine times a day.

Here are some thoughts that run through everyone's minds during this time.

"The wait won't be so bad"

"Even if it's bad, I'll be alright"

"Let me call admissions just to be sure."

"Letters go out the 1st. *laugh in background*"

"Only a few more weeks left"

"Why can't they just tell us already?"

"UGH this is ridiculous!"

"Just keep it together, it's no big deal,..."

"Letter's will come any day now, maybe"

*Hears suspicions of people getting early acceptances*

*Hears of other people going for the same major as you getting rejected*

"What if I don't get in?"

"Stay Positive, Stay Positive"

"Wether I get in, or not, everything will work out."