Thoughts As A PNM During Recruitment Told By Gilmore Girls

We all thought them, we just didn't say them.

14

... but I have recruitment tomorrow bright and early. 9 p.m. and I'm cashed.

Why am I doing this again? I should be asleep for another 5+ hours. STAY AWAKE. Don't accidentally sleep through the most important day of your life. C'mon, you got this.

But really, what the heck am I supposed to wear? These girls are going to be so perfect and I have nothing cute to wear to stand out.

Can't they make recruitment at a reasonable time? (UGH!!!!) I am not a human right now. Why is it so hot out this early? Why am I sweating already?

I am a fun girl who is confident that any house will want to see what I have to offer. I got this. Be cool.

I'm here to meet some people who share the same values and goals as me, and hopefully find my best friends along the way. Can't be too hard, right?

Wow, it's so loud in this room, I can barely hear the girl I'm talking to. *JUST SMILE* Good job, keep smiling and nodding. Pretend like you can hear them. Oh no, she probably thinks I'm weird for continuously smiling. Okay, relax on the smiling.

Shoot, I think I was supposed to laugh at her poorly executed joke. She's laughing so I guess I should laugh? I still can't hear. This sucks. Stay calm.

Maybe I should talk about things that are important to me. I mean, aren't they here to talk about me? Or maybe I should ask them things about themselves? WHY IS THIS A MIND GAME?

Oh my gosh, she totally gets me. We're talking about something we both share in common. This could not be more perfect. She could be my future sister. WHAT IF SHE IS MY BIG? I LOVE HER ALREADY.

Oh no. That did not just come out of my mouth. I'm done. RIP.

She probably didn't hear me since it's so loud in here... Ugh why did I just say, "I love you," to someone I don't even know?

I just want love, laughs, friends, and ~sisterhood~ Is that too much to ask for? The whole package is so close but yet so far away.

How do I awkwardly say goodbye to them without hugging or shaking hands? Bye? Thanks? I have to go, should work. *Don't say I love you again*

Man, I loved that house. Do I even have to go to any of the other ones? Okay, yeah I know I do but I can't imagine not being in that house.

I'm exhausted. How do those girls do it all day? I could really use a cup of coffee -- or five. Keep on keepin' on though. 10+ more houses to go.

Thank God my day is over. How am I supposed to narrow down my houses now? This process is too stressful; maybe Greek life isn't for me. No, don't be dumb, you can do this.

*Holds up bid card to the sky to try to read through the envelope to see if you got the house you wanted*

3 ... 2 ....1 ..... OPEN YOUR BID CARD AND RUN!!!!!!

I GOT MY NUMBER ONE HOUSE! It was all worth it.

Almost a year ago I ran home to what has become definately one of the best things to happen to me thus far in my life. A huge thank you to my sisters for everything you all have taught me this past year and the amazing friendships and memories that have formed along the way. Babies, we're ready for you! Can't wait to have you guys join your new home! We love you already.