Thomas Rhett And Lauren Akins Are Seriously The 2017 Couple Of The Year

Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

259
Instagram

You don’t have to be a fan of country music to know who Thomas Rhett and Lauren Akins are. From their fairytale love story to their adorable family, they truly are everyone’s #couplegoals.

In the past year, we’ve seen their family go from a small family of two to a family of four with the adoption of daughter Willa Gray Akins, and the birth of their second daughter Ada James Akins in August 2017.

With their home life busier than ever, Thomas Rhett managed to release his third studio album Life Changes, on September 8, 2017. And let me tell you, third time’s a charm- as if his other albums didn’t top every chart or snag numerous award show nominations.

From traveling nationwide to perform sold-out shows during his 2017 Home Team Tour, or taking date nights to the next level by renting out an entire movie theater for a personal Harry Potter viewing with Lauren- Thomas Rhett and Lauren proved that they are without a doubt the 2017 couple of the year.

The top eleven times Thomas Rhett and Lauren Akins proved they are the 2017 couple of the year:

1. When they started off 2017 by sharing a romantic kiss in Times Square

Talk about starting off the new year right. With the thousands of people crammed into Times Square on New Year’s Eve, our attention goes straight to this dynamic duo. And how hot does Lauren look?! SLAY.

2. When they SLAYED the Grammy red carpet in February 2017

Not only were they the hottest couple in attendance, Thomas Rhett's "Die a Happy Man" scored a nomination for country song of the year. He may not have snagged a W at the end of the night, but this couple is always winning.

*queue the drum roll*

3. When the couple announced that they were not only pregnant, but that they were also in the process of adopting a child from Africa

But wait, it gets cuter. Lauren first met 18-month-old Willa Gray upon a 2016 visit to Uganda, where she helped thousands of orphans. Willa Gray happened to be one of the lucky orphans Lauren encountered, and it was love at first sight. Goosebumps.

4. The constant support and love the couple displayed for one another throughout Rhett's Home Team Tour

"NEVER been more proud watching you on stage than I was tonight babe. You're the coolest," Lauren captioned an insta photo she posted of the couple kissing after a show in Michigan. My heart.

5. When the couple rocked yet another red carpet, this time with the baby bump

Yet again, this couple never seizes to amaze us with their dazzling looks. Thank you iHeart Radio Awards for giving us another excuse to see them all dressed up and dapper as ever.

6. When they proved that couples who eat together stay together

Lauren posted this adorable photo of the couple enjoying some In-N-Out burger after one of Thomas' shows. Save us some fries.

*queue second drum roll*

7. When the couple finally got to welcome home Willa Gray Akins after meeting her over a year before in Uganda

Fairytales do exist. Willa Gray may or may not be the luckiest toddler alive.

8. When the new parents, accompanied by Willa Gray, vacationed on the beach for some much-needed R&R

Rhett posted this adorable photo of the couple with the caption, "Can't believe we will have a newborn not too long from now, 36 weeks pregnant and 100% smoke show". I mean...take notes boys. And I hope I look half as good as Lauren when I'm about to pop.

*queue third drum roll*

9. When Lauren and Thomas gave birth to their second daughter, Ada James Akins, on August 12, 2017

Seven pounds three ounces of pure cuteness. I think I was more excited about this moment than they were.

*more pics just because*

Unreal.

10. When Thomas Rhett dressed up as a beekeeper with Willa Gray and Ada James as his bees for Halloween

We are buzzing to get more of this fam. Too much cuteness in one pic.

11. When they celebrated Thanksgiving day cheering on the Cowboys, while Thomas Rhett KILLED his half-time performance

Willa Gray and Ada James couldn't have looked cuter in their replica cheerleader costumes. Step aside Cowboy cheerleaders, looks like you got some competition.

Honorable mentions:

1. As previously mentioned, when Thomas Rhett rented out an entire movie theater for a personal viewing of Harry Potter with Lauren. Date night = margaritas and Harry Potter. He can do no wrong.

2. When Lauren released a custom sunglass collection for DIFF eyewear. From which DIFF donated $100,000 to the organization 147 Million (the organization Lauren traveled to Uganda with).

3. When the couple rocked yet another red carpet at the CMA Awards in early November. Could they get any hotter?

Thank you, Thomas Rhett and Lauren Akins for giving hope to people everywhere that fairytales do exist.

Name a more iconic duo, I dare you.