This Is What A Busy Season Looks Like For An Enneagram Type 7

Being an Enneagram type that avoids anything that doesn't bring me joy, here is how I get through the "Busy Season" of college.

23
@joshseeks on Instagram

Yes, It is here. [insert frowny face]

Finals: A time of the semester right before Christmas designed to destroy the lives of College Students everywhere. Every student will tell you that this time of the year is terrible. Successfully procrastinated essay deadlines quickly approach and the hardest test of the entire year is creeping around the corner. So to prepare and catch up multiple all-nighters are spent cramming material from the year by reading that $136 dollar textbook that has been hiding under literal mountains of dirty laundry in the corner of your room. We don't even have time to eat. So how do we find joy in the middle of this red bull induced frenzy of cramming? Well for me...

I go on adventures.

Adventures can be anything. Grocery shopping? Adventure. Finding rooftops? Adventure. Walking in a drainage ditch by the highway? Adventure. To me, adventure is found anywhere, and it's almost necessary for me to thrive in anything I do. I don't like to stay in one spot for too long and if something is boring me I try to avoid it at all costs. Even writing this article I stopped and rode a longboard to Walmart to buy a Dr. Pepper. It is just who I am. The best way to explain this is by the enneagram. But what is the enneagram you may ask? Well, basically it is a personality test that tries to help us understand who we are. Now I wouldn't recommend taking everything the enneagram says about you as complete truth. Every person is a unique and amazing individual who was made with their own strengths and weaknesses. But the enneagram has been a very fun tool to use to understand me better. I have found a lot of truth in my type that I identify with and it helps me understand some of the weaknesses that I face, and why I face them.

I am a type seven.

If you don't know anything about the enneagram types. A seven is a personality type that avoids any kind of pain whether that be emotional, physical, or spiritual. they don't want any part of it. They seek pleasure in all aspects of life and usually find that pleasure by adventuring or trying new things. So when life gets me bogged down, and all of my work starts to build up, I just have to go do something. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it's fun. I think there's some truth in that no matter who you are. Taking a break from the worries of school is necessary to survive this college lifestyle.

Dear Freshman...

A word to all you freshman out there, make sure to not let college rule your life. It is only a stepping stone to the adventure ahead. Once you get past this there is no going back. So go to Walmart at 2:00 am, go explore places you have never been to. Make this time you have here the best time you have ever had. Take a little advice from a seven, and just go do something, do anything. Live for today.