Please People, Start Thinking Before Acting
Friendships

There’s A Right And Wrong Time For Everything

Please people, start thinking before speaking and doing.

95
https://unsplash.com/photos/LDMe_27JW1Q

Have you ever been a group of people and heard someone say something that is either completely inappropriate or just downright, dumb? I bet we all have. Or have you had an argument with someone and said something totally wrong out of the heat of the moment? I know I have. As a society, everyone, needs to learn how to think before we speak or act.

Because one day what we do or say is going to really hurt someone or cause a much bigger problem than we expected.

This is something we have all learned at a young age, treat people how you want to be treated, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. But yet, we do say it anyways, why? Because we are impulsive. Our generation acts on impulse before thinking things out and honestly we are just mean.

But recently I have noticed primarily the toll it can take on an individual or even a group of individuals and have it not even be noticed by the person making the remarks. It simply comes down to tone and connotation associated with right and wrong time to say something.

For example, when on the quiet floor of the library on finals week, you're not going to stand on your desk and sing at the top of your lungs while you take a quick five minute study break because that is rude, would make everyone around you angry and you would be pissed if someone else did it while you were trying to study.

So why is it okay for you when visiting a beautiful church on vacation to start talking super loud and fighting with your friends?

The short answer is, it's not.

Or when you are with a group of people, some your closest friends and others you have never met in a public setting, you would not make an inappropriate remark that would have been acceptable within the walls of your house with just your closest friends. Because you never know who is going to be around, and who might be offended or hurt by what you say.

That is when you take the time to wait until you are alone and have a conversation or argument with your friends. Not everything has to be taken care of immediately. Slow down your life a little bit and enjoy what is in front of you. But the same thing carries over to your relationships with friends.

Everyone, friends, couples, roommates, everyone fights at one point or another. There is never a situation where you love everything that someone does or says. It just does not happen. But as friends or couples or roommates you also know the little things that will really jab into each other and hurt the most and in the heat of the moment, there is no thinking twice. It is strictly what hurts the most.

Trust me, I've done it.

And the weirdest part of all, is I don't see it when I do it. But if someone else does it to my friend, or boyfriend or roommate I get furious. Even as a bystander we recognize when someone hurts someone else or are the one being hurt but why not when we are the one doing it?

Simple, we move too fast.

Our mouth moves faster than our brain and our ability to process what we are saying and the consequences for what we have said. So solution, SLOW DOWN.

Please.

You do not need to get the last word in before they finish their point, you do not need to yell, you do not need to be malicious. You need to think, you need to calm down and you need to slow down before you act. And especially before you speak.

Always remember that there is a right time to say something, and a wrong time to say something. The same goes for actions. Don't do anything without thinking just a little bit about it, because it could save you and someone else a lot of heartache.