10 Things You Will Want To Do This Summer

7. Find a new hobby.

450
Standing in the fine sand

With less than a month left in the semester, I can't help but start planning my summer. I wanted to brainstorm some ideas since summer is my favorite season. A lot of ideas that came to mind focused on trying new things or self-improvement:

1. Roadtrip with mom.

I love to spend some one-on-one time with my mom between our busy work schedules. Visiting a town we have both never been to before would be fun!

2. Go to a concert.

There are so many great concerts during the summer!

3. Volunteer.

This is a great time to give back to your hometown while you're home for the summer. Your local SPCA or YMCA could probably use your help!

4. Go to a beach I've never been to before.

I love the beach and visiting new places.

5. Go hiking.

There are so many places to go hiking and would be a great trip with close friends. Not to mention the endless amount of photo ops!

6. Visit a family member you haven't seen in awhile.

The school year is such a busy time, so the summer is a great time to catch up with a family member or friend you have been wanting to see.

7. Find a new hobby.

It can be photography, baking, or learning to play an instrument!

8. Go to a drive-in movie.

This one is a great date night idea and worth it even if you have to drive an hour to find a drive-in location.

9. Have a summer reading list.

Summer is the time to read books for your own enjoyment, not assigned chapters your professor will quiz you on!

10. Start and finish a DIY project!

Try refurbishing a piece of furniture or make a DIY gift for someone!

A summer job can take up a lot of summer break, but if you plan your summer out, you can still enjoy it! With a bucket list of ideas for your summer, you can take full advantage of the break you have away from classes!