10 Things You Think When Spring Break Is A Staycation

The phases of break that are too real to miss.

22
snoopy on house

If you've been on Snapchat at all over the past week or so you've it all. The first wave of spring breakers going to their destinations, the next anxious for theirs to begin.

Spring break is a much needed week off to leave the stress of class at school and get away for a while. Mentally, at least, if not physically.

For those of us that don't have any big plans, the week passes as it should. Along the way, staycationers can usually find themselves going through different phases as time passes.

1. Not going anywhere means I'm saving money!

No travel expenses, booking fees, or tickets mean more money for another day.

2. I could pick up extra shifts at work.

With everyone on break there's bound to be some shifts opening up. Why not pick up a few extra hours and get a nice paycheck in a few weeks?

3. It's a ghost town around here.

Campus takes on an eerie emptiness when everyone is gone doing their own thing.

4. Everyone is gone, Netflix it is.

It can be hard to entertain yourself for nine whole days when many of your friends are out doing their own thing.

5. The regret you feel from not planning something to do with your time off.

Seriously. Why didn't I take this time to get away?

6. I finally have time to do all that work I've been putting off and maybe even get ahead!

It's always a relief when you can sit down and take your time when doing everything you've put off. Working over break takes getting things done on your own time to a new level. Maybe you could even do some future assignments and save yourself the hassle later on.

7. I wonder what everyone else is doing.

Let's face it. We all love having out with our people, and sometimes it's hard when you know they're having a fun time without you there. You can usually find yourself wondering what they're doing, or more often what you'd be doing if you were with them.

8. I can finally get some sleep.

It's always nice to finally catch up on sleep and feel rested. Over break is the perfect time to catch up on some Z's and let yourself be refreshed.

9. I can finally take some time for myself.

It's important to take care of yourself, and break is the perfect time to do so. Fewer responsibilities often means there are fewer time commitments, so you'll actually have time to relax and treat yourself a little bit.

10. I'm for sure doing something next year.

As break comes to a close, everyone seems to already be planning their next great adventure, so it's about time you do as well.