When Your Life Doesn't Go According To Plan

Sometimes Things Don't Go The Way You Planned, Sometimes Sh*t Hits The Fan

Just take a step back and reevaluate where you're at.

140

I've always prided myself on being a very organized person; from elementary school (even up to now), all my school notebooks had a corresponding-colored folder to match. All throughout high school, I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted my adult life to go and how I pictured college would play out.

Then, I actually got to college and everything was sort of flipped upside down. Not that I'm complaining at all... I'm super lucky to be attending LSU and have a supportive family behind me every step of the way. I'm having the time of my life here and hopefully, it will lead me to an awesome job in the future. But this year, my plans started to fall through.

At the beginning of this year as a sophomore, I had a couple things I wanted to accomplish: get a job, join some clubs, and get involved with a leadership role in my sorority. The first two of which I have accomplished, and the third... not so much.

Unfortunately, I learned that in order to be on the executive board, you cannot be on academic probation. Let me be the first to admit that

1) college classes are hard and

2) I didn't do as well as I wanted to last semester

So I, unfortunately, ended up on scholarship probation with my sorority.

When I learned this, I was absolutely heartbroken and it was like everything I was looking forward to got washed down the drain. Once I didn't have this to work towards anymore, I lost a lot of motivation (outside and within sorority life) and I got stuck in a huge funk.

BUT, I will say that losing this opportunity has really taught me how to bounce back when things don't go your way. I've been working incredibly hard to get my grades up and do better this semester. I've always been the kind of student who's used to just doing well in school without having to ~work~ at it, so college has really made me develop as a person.

So from here, I plan to get off probation and get my scholarship back, because that's super important to me first and foremost. Once this happens, I want to try again with a position on the exec board. I know that if it happens the second time, it'll be even sweeter than the first. If you ever get in a sh*tty situation like this, just take a step back and reevaluate where you're at.

It sucks right now but I know it's not the end of the world.