Things You Have to Do at Tech this Summer

3 things You Have to do at tech this summer

While school is out for most, Tech brings the heat with fun activities and students and faculty

38

While class is no longer in session for most Tech students, Georgia Tech student and faculty-lead organizations continue to offer a plethora of fun activities to spice up anyone's summer. Check out some of this summer's program highlights and sign up for one today!

SCPC Summer Dance Classes

Dance class

AETC http://www.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/261814/zumba-refreshes-fitness-center-workouts/

Tech's Student Center Program Council (SCPC) is offering a series of FREE (yes, free!) dance classes this summer. The class offerings include salsa, swing, and bhangra (Indian/Punjabi folk dance) and will be held June 25th, July 5th, July 16th, respectively. All classes are an hour long from 6-7p and will be held in the student center ballroom. All skill levels including beginners are welcome and you can register here to get your dance on! Oh, did I mention it's free?!

ORGT Adventure Trips

ORGT Caving Trip 6/9/11

Chelsea Ashworth/ Jacob Lieber

Outdoor Recreation Georgia Tech (ORGT) offers trips, training, and instruction in almost every outdoor activity from backpacking to caving. Since most of us actually have free time during the summer, ORGT continues to run excellent outdoor trips in every activity almost every weekend this summer. You can register at the ORGT office in the back of the Campus Recreation Center and you can find more info on trips here. Every skill level is welcome and beginners are ORGT's favorite! Come bond with your fellow peers and enjoy that nice summer weather today!

Mamma Mia! by Aurora Theatre

Mamma Mia Cast

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mamma_Mia_-_premijera_21.JPG

Atlanta's own Aurora Theatre Company is bringing the Broadway musical hit "Mamma Mia!" to the Tech Ferst Center. The Broadway hit, featuring the songs of the hit Swedish pop group ABBA is a definite crowd pleaser and sure to a bit while at Tech. The show will run June 14th through the 24th. You can purchase tickets here!