9 Things To Remember During Recruitment

9 Things To Remember During Recruitment

To all you PNMs (Potential New Members).

7
9 Things To Remember During Recruitment
Erin Hession

This time can be super exciting or super stressful. It is all that you make it. If you keep an open mind and keep a positive attitude, it will all go your way! There may be some disappointments, but remember not to take it personally. No matter what, keep your head up!

1. Be Openminded

Going in I wanted one sorority. The recruitment counselors changed my mind. I gave them all a chance and found a few I really liked.

2. Be Yourself

Yeah, yeah, I know cliche af, but it is so true. If you act a certain way just to impress the girls, you won’t enjoy your experience in a sorority of you never get to just be you.

3. This is emotional

This process isn't easy. Even the most confident of girls will question themselves. After I didn't get into a few places I liked I wondered if it was me. Was I too big? Was I not fashionable enough? The right place will love you for everything you are.

4. Feel the vibe

How hippie of me! For real, though, how you feel with the sisters is so important. As a wise girl, who is now my sister, once told me “I felt like I could eat here”. Now I love food so this resonated with me. If I was comfortable to shove food in my mouth there, it was home.

5. Just Try it

If you get the bid and it’s not what you wanted, go to bid day activities anyway. You may end up loving it. Give it a chance.

6. If at first, you don't succeed try again.

There is alway spring and next fall. Don't be too down about it. If nothing with greek life works out your life will be just as great without it.

7. Get to know your sisters

This is your new family away from your family. They will be your support system. If that not you then get to know them because you'll be spending a lot of time with them. If that is the case, greek life isn't for you and that's ok.

8. What you give, is what you will get out

Over my recruitment process, I was told this a lot. I think it is so true, though! You can get as much or as little out of a sorority as you want.

9. Have Fun!

I say this all the time, but this isn't supposed to be stressful or tear you down. This is all about finding a community of girls who build each other up and give unconditional support and love!

I am so happy to have found my home and I love my sisters so much already!