Things To Do While Being Socially Distant.

Having to stay Socially Distant can suck and get very boring, but thankfully there are things you can do to stay active and have fun.

42
iXimus

With the country either social distancing or self-quarantining themselves, things can't get boring real quick. But there are things you can do to pass the time, here is a list of movies, books, and activities to keep to busy and keep your mind off of Covid-19.

Movies, now everyone is different and has different tastes, so I will list a few different genres.

Movies

Geralt

Comedies

Game night, Blockers, The Hangover series, The 40-year-old virgin, Hot Fuzz, There's Something About Mary, Brides Maids, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Step Brothers, Scary Movie, Monty Python and The Holy Grail, Tropic Thunder, Spaceballs. Robin Hood Men in Tights, The Austin Powers Series, The Harold and Kumar Series, Juno, Old School, "O Brother, Where art Thou, Big, Dazed and Confused, Tommy Boy, Zoolander, Happy Gilmore, The American Pie series, Legally Blonde the first one, Clueless.

Dark Comedies

Parasite, Shaun of the Dead, Heathers, JoJo Rabbitt, Beetlejuice, Zombieland, Zombieland Double Tap, Fargo, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Snatch, Birdman, The Cable Guy, Election, A Clockwork Orange, Office Space, Being John Malkovich, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Grosse Point Blank, The Mask

Horror Comedies

Army of Darkness, American Werewolf in London and American Werewolf in Paris, Gremlins, Young Frankenstein, Happy Death Day, Tremors, Creepshow, Fright Night, Return of the Livingdead, Evil Dead.

Horror Movies

Scream series, IT, Doctor Sleep, Carrie, US, A Quiet Place, Halloween, Get Out, Geralds Game, The Conjuring, The Shining, The Ring, Candyman, Psycho, The Silence of the Lambs, Annabelle, The Final Destination series, Friday the 13th series, Nightmare on Elm Street series, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Cell, Cujo,

Superhero Movies

The Avengers series, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captian America, Blade, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Captian Marvel, Black Panther, Spiderman into the Spiderverse, Thor Series, Venom, Deadpool 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy 1-2, Doctor Strange, Antman, Wolverine, Logan, X-Men, Kick-Ass 1-2, Watchmen, Joker.

Romantic Movies

Crazy Rich Asians, A Star is Born, The Big Sick, About Time, LA LA Land, Silver Linings Playbook, Blue is the Warmest Color, P.S. I Still Love You, The Holiday, Titanic, Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, Pretty Woman, The Princess Bride, 10 Things I Hate About You, Bridget Jones's Diaries, Love Simon, To all the Boys I've Loved Before, To all the boys I've Loved before P.S. I Still Love You, What If, The Kissing Booth.

Drama Movies

Little Women, Roma, Rocketman, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, MudBound, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Hidden Figures, The Social Network, Forest Gump, Good Will Hunting, Green Book, The Wolf on Wall Street.

Sci-Fi Movies

Arrival, Star Wars, The Martian, Interstellar, Avatar, The Matrix Series, Terminator 1-2, Minority Report, Aliens Series, E.T, Jurassic Park 1-2, Jurassic World 1-2, Planet of the Apes series, Starship Troopers, Back to the Future, The Fifth Element, Inception, Godzilla, Ready Player One, I Robot.

Dystopian Movies

Mad Max old and new, The Giver, The Maze Runner, The Hunger Games, V for Vendetta, Total Recall, Escape from New York, Resident Evil Series, 12 Monkeys, 1984, Eli, Bird Box, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, Blade Runner.

TV Shows

ADMC

The nice thing about some of these series is that they have more than one season so they can keep you busy for a while.

Shows

The Witcher, Stranger Things, Kingdom, You, Riverdale, Altered Carbon, Outlander, Locke, and Key, Sex Education, Supernatural, Castlevania, Criminal Minds, Lucifer, American Horror Story, Im Not Okay With This, Flash, Shameless, Black Mirror, Sabrina, The Good Place, The Magicians, Paradice PD, The Crown, BoJack Horseman, Gotham, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, The Umbrella Academy, Dark Matter, Mindhunters, Orange is the New Black, Criminal, Good Girls. I Zombie.The HandMaids Tale.

Books

jarmoluk

Just like movies and TV shows, books are a great escape from what is going on in the world right now, and there is something for everyone even if your not an avid reader or book nerd you will always find something you like.

Stephen King has a wide range of books, most of his are horror or fantasy-based, Mostly Dead Things by Kristen Arnett,

Trust Exercise by Susan Choi, Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo, Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, The Doomsday Book by, Connie Willis, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Room by Emma Donoghue, 1984 by George Orwell, Untamed by Glennon Doyle, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, Verity by Colleen Hoover, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, The Unhoneymooners by Christian Lauren, The HandMaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, The Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco, Imaginary Friends, and Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Dark Matter, and Recursion by Blake Crouch, The Other People byC.J. Tudor, Muddle Earth by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell.

Manga Readers

Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul: Re, Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a Dungeon, Negima, Sword Art Online, Psycho-Pass, Attack on Titan, Liselotte & Witch's Forest, Gobin Slayer, FairyTail, DeathNote, Bleach.

There are so many books to choose from, and if your libraries are closed like mine, you can get audiobooks from Audible, Scribd, Google Play, Amazon, Librivox, Overdrive, Spotify, Lit2Go, Loyal Books, Mind Webs, Open Culture.

Outdoor Activities

denkendewolke

Just because you are socially distant dose not mean you still can't go outside, you can go for a walk/run around your neighborhood, go for a hike or a bike ride, go rock climbing if you have the training, if you have kids they can play with chalk in the driveway or sidewalk, have a little pool just for the family, do an outside workout when its nice, read outside, have a scavenger hunt, camp in the back yard, play outdoor games like Frisbee, corn hole, play catch or soccer. So don't think you have to stay inside unless you are sick then stay inside.

there are many things you can do to stay busy, If you are sick please stay inside and take care of yourself, and if your not sick still take care of yourself, wash your hands and stay active.