20 Things To Do When You Go Home For Break

Some of the Perks of Returning Home

236

Just a few finals are standing in your way before you can go home. Ace those finals and then revisit this list to have the best break before coming back to campus!

1. Hug Your Parents and Say Thanks

2. Go to your local Farmers Market

You might forget what a real vegetable looks like after eating the dining hall food all semester. Buy some fresh produce. Eat other great food. Simple as that.

3. Visit your high school teachers

Don't forget to thank the ones that taught you valuable lessons and helped you become successful.

4. Connect with your high school friends

Maybe it'll be like you never left home, and you'll pick up right where you left off.

5. Go on a local Christmas lights tour

Check out your local newspaper and they may write an article telling you all of the best houses to see. Some are really spectacular!

6. Have a family movie night

Or go see one in theaters on Christmas Day!

7. Research summer internships. And Apply.

8. Go to a Christmas Eve service

They are beautiful services and a nice occasion to spend with your family or friends.

9. Sleep

Nuff said.

10. Binge watch Netflix

As if you don’t already...

11. Walk around freely

If you shared a dorm, suite, or house with other people then you will probably have the freedom to finally walk around in your room however you want.

12. Pack your winter clothes

Rochester weather does not mess around. Be sure to bring back all of your winter essentials. You haven't seen cold yet.

13. Shower without being grossed out

You'll be happy to know that you don't have to share a shower with hundreds of people anymore; see wads of hair in the drain; or wear sandals into the shower. Oh and you can sing in the shower as loud as you want without being judged. Except maybe by your family. But who cares.

14. Enjoy the home cooked meals

Once you are back on campus you'll miss it so much. Enjoy it while it lasts.

15. You get to reunite with your pets

16. Go last minute Christmas shopping

17. Do a random act of kindness. You may see the favor get returned in the New Year.

18. Make a New Year’s resolution and stick with it.

Stay determined. Start before you return to campus and keep it going once you're here. Find your motivation.

19. Work over the break.

At least part time. Earn that dough. Make it rain.

20. Work out so you don’t get that Holiday 15.

Freshmen 15 is bad enough.

Last but not least, enjoy the break because it goes by faster than you know it!