How I'm getting through quarantine

How I'm getting through quarantine

Things that I'm doing to help pass the time and keep healthy!

11
How I'm getting through quarantine

For me, I recognize that I am extremely lucky to be healthy and back at home during these difficult times. However, I understand that everyone right now is going through cabin fever to some extent. I've found that a good balance of all these things is helping me to stay afloat.

Sleeping more

Even though my sleep schedule is a little messed up now, I'm definitely finding more time to sleep in and squeeze in the occasional power nap. Before I got back home, I was still staying up late but having to wake up earlier in order to make my commute to work. These days, if I'm ever feeling a bit drowsy I'll take a quick (or not so quick) nap to help for my lack of sleep. They do say you need extra sleep in order to stay healthy, so I feel like I'm doing my self a service.

Watching TV

I think that at this point everyone has watched some kind of show to help pass the time. There's just so many new shows and movies to keep up with that I imagine everyone has found theirs to keep up with. So don't worry, I'm doing my part in consuming trashy reality shows and binging trendy new series. Check out my Meet the Reporter for this month for some of the shows I've been watching!

Taking my government sanctioned walk

It's important not to forget to see the sun every once in a while. I try my best to make it outside at least once a day to get my legs moving and my daily dose of Vitamin D. Whether you go for a bike ride or just sunbathe in your backyard, it's necessary to get outdoors.

Picking up a new hobby

I know I'm not alone in seeing the countless videos of people whipping instant coffee and trying to make their own sourdough bread. But, right now does seem like the perfect time to be picking up a new hobby. I'm trying to learn a bit of graphic design with my newfound free time. My work is definitely still in progress but I'm hoping that I'll be able to turn something productive out of my impulse-bought drawing tablet.

Adjusting to school on a digital platform

If you haven't heard, schools are switching to online classes to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Personally, I was already taking a lot of online classes so the switch wasn't too upsetting for me. However, I was in a professional program in Los Angeles for school so it was tough getting used to online practices for that. While it's upsetting that my semester out there and many other people's semesters were cut short, I know that it's important for people to be staying home and trying to limit the spread of the disease.

We'll all get back to school eventually and things will return to some level of normalcy hopefully sometime soon. For the next month, I hope people continue to stay safe and indoors (for the most part) so that we can all get back to business as usual as soon as possible!