22 Things To Do In Disney World That Will Make You The Happiest Person On Earth

Dreaming about far-off places or Disney adventures that you want more than you can tell?

350
Andrea Kleckner

If you are going to Disney World soon or dreaming of going, here are just a few suggestions of things to do from someone who loves Disney World. While some of these things are more popular, others are some hidden gems to find!

1. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)

If you love Rollercoasters this ride is for you. The wait is rather long and you should take off all hats and sunglasses once seated in the limo, but it is well worth it.

2. The Twilight ZoneTower of Terror (Hollywood Studios)

Enter this old run-down hotel and take an elevator ride to the twilight zone. With accurate decorating and changing ride sequences, this ride is a must.

3. Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)

Traveling through space is a lot of fun, although do not keep your arms up in this ride because the darkness hides some of the track closeness.

4. Pirates of the Caribbean (Magic Kingdom)

The ride that inspired the movie series and the movies that inspired the ride in return is a Disney classic. Although it can be prone to breakdowns, the ride is well worth the wait.

5. Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)

Beware, this ride goes backwards for a part of the ride. It’s well worth it as you encounter the infamous Yeti.

6. Kilimanjaro Safaris (Animal Kingdom)

Take a safaris ride in the middle of Florida with encounters with Giraffes and Lions and countless other animals. Don’t worry it’s safe.

7. Mission Space (Epcot)

If you ever wanted to be a part of a NASA crew, now is your chance. There are two different levels of intensity so be aware of which one you should go on. (As long as it hasn’t changed too much since I ast went on it).

8. Test Track (Epcot)

Design your own car and try to make the best possible one. I think that was my favorite part of the ride.

9. Peter Pan (Magic Kingdom)

This classic ride is worth the long wait as you fly over a few scenes in Peter Pan in a ship all your own.

10. Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom)

Beware the hitch hiking ghosts and you’ll be fine.

11. Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)

The Wildest Ride!

12. Eat at Be Our Guest for Dinner (Magic Kingdom)

If you love Beauty and Beast, eat dinner at Be Our Guest. You can meet the Beast and explore a few sections of the castle seen in the movie! Plus you can try the grey stuff! It's delicious.

13. Toy Story Mania! (Hollywood Studios)

Any competitive person will love this ride as you play some classic carnival games with the help from some Toy Story characters.

14. Meet Peter Quill and Groot (Hollywood Studios - One Man's Dream)

If you are a marvel fan, I believe this experience is still at Hollywood Studios tucked into the end of One Man’s Dreams and not listed on the Disney Website. This character experience does change from time to time but it is worth checking out. If you wear a hat, Groot will comment on it.

15. Meet Peter Pan (Magic Kingdom - usually Fantasyland)

He might be confused if you are wearing Mickey Ears and wary if you are dressed as a pirate. Oh and he might mess up your hair.

16. Launch Bay (Hollywood Studios - Launch Bay)

If you are a Star Wars fan, you can meet some of the characters from the movies, look at some cool memorabilia, and more. A personal favorite is Chewbecca, who is very tall in real life and gives the best hugs. Watch out for Storm troopers though as they are on the look out for some spies.

17. Meet Stitch (Polynesian Resort - Ohana and sometimes Magic Kingdom)

He really is a trouble maker but if you are lucky you can dance with him.

18. If you speak another language go to Epcot and talk to one of the workers in the country of the language that you speak

For example, I ordered my crepe in France in French. Not only was I happy that the worker understood me, but the worker was really excited that someone was speaking to her in her native language.

19. A Pirates Adventure: an interactive scavenger hunt through Adventureland (Magic Kingdom)

If you enjoy Pirates for the Caribbean, head to this small little building and follow treasure maps to be in the story helping Captain Jack Sparrow. This interactive scavenger hunt is amazing with parts of Adventureland coming to life with a touch of your magic band. Plus, you can usually get a Fastpass for the ride after completing a few.

20. Finding handprints outside the Chinese Theatre (Hollywood Studios)

A must for all movie fans.

21. Watching performers along Sunset Boulevard (Hollywood Studios)

When I went and stopped to watch one of the magicians, I was a lucky guest that got picked to be apart of the act. If you love magic, it is an amazing experience and I remember walking away amazed as coins in my hand doubled and my friend pulled my card out of the magician's wallet.

22. Indiana Jones Stunt Show (Hollywood Studios)

Dreamed of being a part of a movie? Well you can volunteer to be an extra in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show as long as you are at least 18 years of age. The cast makes you feel like they are actually filming and is an amazing experience. If you don’t get picked or are under 18, the show is still an amazing experience. Plus if you stay afterwards, you might be able to meet one of the stunt doubles.