11 Things You Ask Dad, Not Mom
popular

11 Questions College Girls Always Ask Dad, Never Mom

Cars is a given, obviously.

2124

There are certain things that are best to go to Dad about. Here are 11!

1. CARS.

Tires, battery, locks, you name it. If it's about cars, I ALWAYS go to dad, after all, he does know best. Just last week, actually, my car battery died and my dad helped me throughout the very traumatic process of going to the car place all by myself (not actually by myself, but still without parental supervision).

2. "What do I get for mom?"

This one should kind of be a given, but if it's a gift for Mom, I always go to Dad.

3. Fishing (or hunting if you're into that).

Some of my favorite memories have to do with fishing, but because my mom gets seasick, it's definitely a dad thing.

4. When you're really fired up about something!

Absolutely love Moms, they're wonderful. But if you're fired up and you just need to get even more fired up because that's your current ~mood~, always go to dad.

5. Grilling questions.

Ladies and gents, if you ever have a very very important question about grilling, take it to dad. Chances are, he's grilled once or twice in his life.

6. House problems.

If your light goes out or your toilet gets clogged or your house just really seems to be falling apart, always always call dad.

7. Moving into a new place!

100% you need the big muscles on move-in day! I remember my freshman year move-in day we had my dad and brother there, things went way faster than this past year when it was just me (in case you hadn't already guessed).

8. Curtain rods.

Kind of random, but I had this curtain rod that none of my friends could see to get up. One of my friends even tried and put 5 unused holes in my wall. Each of them tried with a hand held screwdriver and an electric one (also an electric drill I think???). Well, story time, so my dad comes in and in LESS THAN 5 MINUTES, he manages to have all three holders in the wall, the curtains on the rod, and the rod on the curtains. It's just something about dad's, I'm telling you.

9. Surprise visits!

I distinctly remember my freshman year calling my dad on the way home and saying "hey, I'm coming home to surprise mom. Can you keep her at home?" Much to my surprise, they were not in fact at home, so it's a good thing I called Dad because I was able to catch that in the right spot!

10. Electronics issues.

If my computer breaks or my TV isn't working, or something else in my electronics-centered life gets messed up, you can bet I'm calling my Dad.

11. "I miss you!"

Cheesy, but also you should go to dad when you're missing them. Because I promise they miss you too (or at least I would hope they do).