8 Things That Happen When You Live With Your Best Friends

You never really know someone until you've lived with them.

16
Gainesville Scene

When living with your best friends you...

1. Get much closer, more than you would have even imagined

Seriously, I don’t remember the last time I went to the bathroom in peace, or slept in my bed alone (my roommate didn’t buy a bed until 2 months into our lease, good thing I bought a full size bed this year).

2. Obtain a never ending closet as well as any makeup product you could ever need

Although I own more clothes than I probably should, it just so happens that when I don’t have one certain piece of clothing one out of my 3 other roommates will. It’s true how much more exciting it is to wear someone else’s clothes rather than your same old clothes, and when you have misplaced your eyeliner don’t worry there’s probably 5 more laying around the house.

3. Become okay with the fact that when you go to look for a food item sometimes it has already been eaten

Imagine, you have been in class for 4 hours now, your stomach is making those weird noises and all you can think about is the half sandwich you had saved in the fridge. You get home; open the fridge and IT’S NOT THERE. You know exactly where you put it and you know the only way it could have gone missing is if someone else had eaten it. As upset as you and your stomach are you realize how many times you’ve been on the other side because you just, “used a little of their food”, “didn’t remember who’s food was who’s”, or “thought the food was actually yours”, and then you’re instantly calmed and looking for another food item.

4. Understand that you have to sleep on the couch sometimes because your roommate has a guest over (you know what I mean)

As a freshman in college getting kicked out of your own dorm by your roommate was one of the most annoying thing ever. You are stuck hanging out in the common room awkwardly or sometimes even worse. As a sophomore living with my best friends I don’t even mind having to spend the night on our very comfortable couch (which is conveniently right next to the kitchen). And sometimes, like in my case you’ll have a roommate drunkenly say shed be honored if you used her bed. Haha she definitely regretted saying that the next morning.

5. Find things out you don’t like about each other

No matter who it is, spending so much time with someone normally leads to some annoyed feelings or finding out about things you dislike about each other. This doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing though; sometimes it’s just an eye opener.

6. Realize binge watching Netflix has become an entire house thing

You thought the amount of time you spent netflixing by yourself was a lot, imagine how much time is spent when all 4 girls are trying to finish a season.

7. Find someone to distract you, wether it be from homework or cleaning your room

I can’t even begin to count the amount of times I have legitimately tried to do my homework in the living room at night and then suddenly realize it is 2am and all I have done is talk to my roommates about boys.

8. Remember why you’re all best friends

Although yes you will get annoyed with your best friends when they are also your roommates. But if you all are really best friends you work past the bumps in the road and continue on. You end up loving and understanding one another in ways you never thought you would, and you’ll have a bond that cant be broken.