7 Ways to Avoid Thanksgiving Dinner Pressure

7 Things To Talk About At Thanksgiving Dinner, Besides Your Future

PIVOT the conversation.

222

The fear of going home and being drilled with questions about your future and your plans is a real fear that most of us college students have. Here are 7 things you can talk about this holiday season that AREN'T about your future!

1. Climate change

"No Aunt Jane, I don't have a boyfriend, but it doesn't matter because THE EARTH IS GOING TO DIE before I have time to get married."

It's never too late to try and get your family #woke

2. Their lives

"Oh I'm doing well cousin Bob, but how are you? How is YOUR career going?"

People like to talk about themselves, get your family talking about their lives instead.

3. Vines

"Yea my grades are awesome, but do you want to see something REALLY awesome? Check out this relatable 6-second video!"

I showed my family one vine once and they still reference it.

4. Christmas

"Instead of talking about my boring life, let's talk about the magic of Christmas!"

Or also what I want for Christmas...

5. Food

"Wow this food is delicious Grandma, let's talk more about how you made it."

Food is the easiest subject to bring up on Thanksgiving, that's 90% of the holiday! Besides...remembering how awful we were to Native Americans?

6. Fashion

"I just love your sweater cousin Sara, I just got a new pair of boots I think you'd love!"

Fashion is rarely a charged or stressful conversation.

7. The weather

When all else fails, you can always talk about the weather!

Hopefully, one of these topics can help you escape the terrifying experience of confronting the fact that you have no idea what you're doing with the rest of your life and you are very single. If nothing works, just hang out with the young children, they don't even know what college is!