11 Things All STEM Majors Understand

11 Things All STEM Majors Understand

These are things STEM majors can relate to.

300
11 Things All STEM Majors Understand
Education News

There are so many things that STEM majors can relate to. Here are 11 things that all STEM majors understand.

1. There is no such thing as "syllabus week."

You hope that you can just show up to class on the first week and go over the syllabus and leave, but that doesn't happen. You dive right into the lecture and homework is assigned immediately afterwards.

2. There is a never-ending pile of homework.

There is always homework to do. Once you finish one class's homework, another class's homework needs to be finished.

3. Math makes an appearance in everything.

Calculus and statistics aren't the only classes that are heavily based on math. Chemistry, physics, and engineering classes involve a lot of complicated math.

4. It is hard to go out every weekend.

Most STEM majors understand that the weekend is used for finishing the piles and piles of homework and class notes to study. How can you possibly go out every single weekend?

5. You don't get a lot of sleep because you're staying up late studying/finishing assignments.

There aren't enough hours in a day. Most of the time, studying and finishing assignments are done instead of sleeping.

6. Once you're actually able to sleep, you never want to get out of bed.

The little amount of sleep felt so good, so why would you ever want to leave bed?

7. You question/complain about your major at least once a week.

You know you'll just suck it up and won't do anything about it, but you ask yourself why you put yourself through so much stress. But then you realize it'll all be worth it in the end.

8. Your non-STEM majors have no idea why you're stressing out so much.

Your friends are always asking you why you have so much homework, why you can't hang out on the weekends, and why you stress out so much.

9. Falling asleep at your desk

Yes, it's happened. Studying and falling asleep at your desk: not that comfy, but at least you got some sleep in!

10. You have a ton of index cards

In your desk or somewhere in your room, you probably have a bunch of index cards. They are so helpful when studying vocabulary words and testing yourself.

11. You have reminders everywhere

You need an agenda, calendar, and/or alerts on your phone to make sure you don't miss the many deadlines you have on your assignments.