Things Sorority Girls Love to Hear

Things Sorority Girls Love to Hear

There are 26 Panhellenic sororities, and we are all the same...trust me.

41
Things Sorority Girls Love to Hear
University of West Alabama

Sororities tend to get pinned with a number of stereotypes, most of which are untrue. But, there are a sacred few that are 100% accurate. So, here are a few things that make the hearts of sorority girls around the nation sing with pure joy.

1. T-shirts

I mean, come on. What normal person doesn’t love a good t-shirt? But, I’ve never met any group of people that loves t-shirts more than us. I have used the excuse to buy a t-shirt because it matches these Nike shorts. I have used the excuse to buy a t-shirt because I don’t have any in that color (which is 90% of the time me lying to myself, because of course I have three other t-shirt in that color). I have used the excuse that my date will want a t-shirt too (which is also I lie, because ultimately keep both t-shirts anyway). I was the girl that had the $180 bill because I bought too many shirts. This is what I’ve come too. True life, I’m addicted to t-shirts.

2. Pinterest

Almost every sorority girl has a Pinterest account, which most likely has a whole board dedicated to your organization. Pinterest is the mothership of Big/Little craft ideas, Social and Date Party themes, and everything imaginable with your letters on it. Knowing that we probably never attempt most of these intricate crafts, and if we do it will come with great disaster, it’s still fun to talk about all the things you find, and more than likely get sucked into the never-ending black hole that is Pinterest.

3. DIY

Technically three words, but you get what I’m saying. This and Pinterest go hand and hand because most of the DIYs you make for your little, you found on Pinterest. And if you didn’t find it on Pinterest, kudos to you for being original, because God knows the rest of us aren’t.

4. Little

To the vast majority of the world, this is a word meaning petite or small. In our world, this means the absolute love of your life, best friend, maid of honor, godmother to your kids, and the list goes on. Getting your little is a magical matchmaking experience for both big and little. It’s basically like speed dating at rush to find your perfect match and then secretly stalking your little one until the big day when you can call them yours forever.

5. Sisters

A general word associated with sororities, but very few on the outside know what it actually means. Your sisters are your family that choose you on Bid Day, and it makes you feel like you’ve just come home after 18 years. Sisters are the people that will always have your back no matter what you’re going through. Sisters are those that will pick you up drunk at 2 a.m. without asking questions, or let you cry to them about a boy that doesn’t like you back.

Although sororities stereotypically have a bad reputation, it only because those on the outside just can’t see or understand all the things we love. Finding your forever home, with your forever friends, and your forever family will always be the thing that sorority girls love the most.