20 Things You've Said To Your Best Friend At Least 20 Times During The Year That Was 2020

Let's be real: 2020 has been quite the year.

110606

2020 has been quite the year. You know, with the whole "global pandemic, worldwide shut down" stuff. We've spent more time this year with Netflix and Hulu than we have with real people, and while my lazy day of choice is often a day with Netflix, this time, it was more like by force due to a raging virus.

Here are 20 things we've definitely said to our best friends this year in the middle of what was 2020.

1. 2020 was supposed to be my year!

Seriously, no one say that 2021 is going to be 'their year," please! I remember near the end of 2019 everyone was posting on social media about how 2020 was going to be the best year yet. Save it, my friends, and let 2020 just end and 2021 come in peace without any expectations other than maybe leaving our house on the weekends again.

2. I've already watched that show 15 times.

The truth is, 15 times is probably an understatement. The other truth is that you probably didn't even like the show, you just didn't have any other options because everything else had already been watched 50 times.

3. Tiger King was so dumb.

Early quarantine, Tiger King was the rage. Personally, I never got into it, but my timeline was full of the timeless debate around if Carole Baskin killed her husband. If we're being honest, we were all just kind of going through a phase at that point.

4. He's 24 and I'm 34.

The other quarantine trend was Love Is Blind, and while it worked out really well for some couples, like Cameron and Lauren, others just couldn't get past the fact that he's 24. I was Team Carlton, myself, but that was short lived when his engagement didn't last.

5. Social Distance, please!

For everyone who likes their space, this has actually been a blessing.

6. I haven't worn real clothes in at least a week.

This was definitely early to mid 2020 when the entire world just shut down over night, but it's definitely a memory.

7. You're muted.

The infamous line that so many said when the only way to socialize or hold meetings was via Zoom.

8. Why am I even on dating apps in a pandemic?

The number of people using dating apps soured during the shut down. I mean, hey, at least it was someone to talk to... other than your dog.

9. I just want to go out to eat.

Never again will we take eating out for granted. Or at least we shouldn't, anyway.

10. Don't forget your mask!

Wear your mask, or newsflash: you're part of the problem.

11. I'm so mad COVID cancelled *fill in the blank event* here.

From concerts to vacations, COVID really had fun cancelling all of our 2020 plans.

12. I'm going to drive my car around the block... for fun.

At least if you got in your car and drove around the block, you could pretend like you were actually going somewhere to be productive.

13. This won't last that long, right?

When the pandemic first started, I don't think anyone really knew what to expect. It seemed like a temporary thing rather than what has become a new normal.

14. Why can't people just follow the rules?

This goes along with number 10, but seriously, I'd like to get out of my house again before I'm 90.

15. At least it's cold now, and I don't want to go outside anyway

For those of us who live in states with winter climates, at least it's cold now and the temptation to go outside is much less than it was in the summer.

16. At least my makeup bill went down.

Not going anywhere means ladies, like myself, get to save money on makeup. While I'm still working in person, I don't have to use it on the weekends to go out with friends, so that's a plus and a money saver!

17. I'm bored.

This is usually followed by "how did they survive the Spanish Flu pandemic without technology?"

18. Those people aren't social distancing. 

Similar to number five, but this time you're watching others lack of social distance instead of yelling at someone for being too close to you directly.

19. I'm on my 15th snack in the last hour.

If you're not watching Netflix, you're probably eating. Bonus points if you're doing both and hitting prime quarantine.

20. I miss people.

Even our introverts are feeling it by now.