12 Of The Greatest Things That Are Free

12 Of The Greatest Things That Are Free

The best things in life truly are free.

110
12 Of The Greatest Things That Are Free
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_B14syISn-.jpeg

People, including myself, are quick to point out the cost of things. Whether it be vacations, certain foods, or materialistic items, we collectively put value in things that cost money. Now, what if we put all this effort of obsessing over what we don't have, and be grateful for what is literally free to us that we take for granted. I'm talking the things you look past everyday. What if these things actually cost money? What if every time you laughed you had to pay $1 for the happiness it brought you. Well shit, I'd be so broke. But luckily, it doesn't cost a thing and it doesn't need to be returned in any capacity. 

Vocation

You need to know what the world wants for you. Finding your calling is worth more than you could imagine. It gives you purpose and pride.

Honesty

We all value honesty. It may not be what you want to hear or the outcome you intended, but you can respect it. Telling the truth is difficult and should be appreciated.

Laughter

Personally, I love to laugh. There is nothing greater than being doubled over with tears rolling down your face and a permanent grin. I find humor to be one of the most healing practices in life. It shows us that we are alive in a positive way.

Gratitude

The simplicity of being thankful is worth everything you have ever given or received. The best part about showing gratitude is that it makes everyone feel good, and it is free!

Public Bathrooms

Okay, listen. Public bathrooms sound gross and all, but when you really gotta go and public indecency is not an option, you will be thankful for the public bathrooms. These have value simply because they help end the suffering of your bladder, or prevent a trip home just to poo.

Thunderstorms

The comfort of rain and thunder is enough to give me goose bumps--in a good way! It makes me want to cuddle up with someone or a good book or look out the windows.

Dogs

Every time I see a dog while driving, I get overly excited. Their happiness makes me happy.

Random Acts Of Kindness

There is nothing more fulfilling than helping others. This includes doing the little things for strangers. Buying the next person in line his/her coffee, putting sticky notes of encouragement around a school, helping a dog find his home, even leaving your pennies at the counter for the next person to take is a way to help others without even realizing the impact you might have.

Comfort

Whether you find the perfect spot on the couch, or you just got a bonus check at the end of the year, these things offer comfort. We take comfort for granted, just like when you get the common cold and now you miss the comfort of being able to breathe out your nose.

Friends

Friends are FREE. Please don't buy yourself friends--that defeats the purpose of friends. Companions of any type are the greatest things about life becuase they help to give you purpose and support. They are there for you, and you are there for them. *cue song Lean On Me*

Sunrise

I personally think the sunrise is better than sunset because it is showing you how beautiful everyday will be if only you stop and take in the best the world has to offer.

Creativity

Aha moments, sparks of uniqueness, and the delight of great ideas are the plug for creativity. The ability to show who you are and what goes through your noggin is so impactful on yourself and the world. Thinking outside the box is one of the greatest things and has had the most benefit on society.