Things Said to My Dog Everyday

50 Things I Find Myself Saying to my dog on the daily

"Seriously, do you know how cute you are?!"

78

I'm going to start by stating the obvious by saying we honestly don't deserve dogs. They don't really do anything but unconditionally love their humans, play fetch here and there, and sleep. Sometimes they are the perfect listening ear when nobody else is around. Let's face it, dogs are living creatures too and they come with the ability to listen and best of all, not judge! And who are they going to tell? They can't speak English (but how cool would that be?!) When there is nobody around during the day, and I find myself alone (again) and then look over and see my little friend sitting there, I start to pretend he can listen, understand, and maybe give me his opinion.

"Hello, handsome/beautiful!"

"You are so cute!"

"I love you!"

"How is your day so far? I hope you're having a good day!"

"Do you know if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean and can be put away?"

"Want to come watch TV with me?"

"What do YOU want to watch? Anything catch your eye?"

"What do I want for lunch?"

"Do you want to share my lunch with me?"

"Are you okay?"

*phone rings* "Can you get that?"

"Oh of course not, you don't have thumbs!"

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Do you need anything? A hug, a snack, water?"

*silence* "Okay, but if Mom asks, I offered!"

"You're such a good boy/girl!"

"Sometimes I wish I was a dog like you, no responsibilities but to sleep, love, and be loved."

"When do you think everyone will come home?"

"Who is your favorite member of the family?"

"Me?! I thought so."

"You're high key my favorite too, but don't tell anyone else."

"You know, I really wish you could talk. You know, like that dog from 'Dog with a Blog'?"

"What would you say if you COULD talk?"

"You would probably tell me to shut up, right? Thought so."

"Seriously, do you know how cute you are?"

"I really do love you so much. Do you know that?"

"Who's a good boy/girl? You are!"

"Do you love me back?"

"Can you make yourself useful and help me out instead of just staring at me?"

"You know, if you're going to live here, you really need to start pulling your weight around here."

"Do you want to listen to some music while I do stuff around the house?"

"What is your favorite song?"

"Do you want to play catch?! You love catch!"

"Who made this mess?"

"Was it you?!"

"You're too cute and innocent to be guilty of doing anything bad."

"Sorry if I'm annoying you but I'm just really lonely."

"Should we get another dog? Do you want a brother or sister!?"

"I appreciate you listening to me."

"I have friends I swear."

"What do you do all day normally when I'm not here?"

"What was my life like without you?"

"What was your life like without me?"

"Sad kid. We both lived sad lives."

"I just don't understand what is so fascinating or fun about just chewing on bones and yarn toys all day."

"Do they even taste good?! Maybe to you, but not to me!"

"You're my best friend, and always will be."

"Never die please."

"What did I do to deserve you? Nothing!"

"I love you so much."