12 Things Summer Makes Me Miss About Winter

12 Winter Things I Miss During The Summer

The heat is starting to make me miss the snow.

663

This past winter was my first real winter. I was born and raised in South Florida, where our winters usually average around 60. Last year, I went to college in New Jersey and got to experience a real winter. There was snow and single-digit temperatures. While this may have been my first winter, I have come to love the season. Now that I'm back in Florida for the summer, I have come to miss winter a lot. Here are 12 things that I miss about winter.

1. The crisp air.

media.giphy.com

Summer air is heavy and wet and never quite fun to go out in. Winter air has that crisp feeling that makes your nose sting a little and puts a little extra pep in your step.

2. Christmas.

media.giphy.com

I have always had a love for Christmas, but being somewhere that the weather matches the movies and the songs, really helps to get me in the mood.

3. The clothes.

media.giphy.com

Winter clothes are so cute. The tights, the pants, the sweaters, the gloves, everything is just so cute and makes me feel like I'm living in a fun scripted TV show.

4. Snow.

media.giphy.com

Snow is such a nice thing, especially if you don't get to see it often. While it can be a hassle to go out in, it can be nice to watch the snow. It's also nice to go out and have fun in the snow and act like a little kid.

5. Blankets.

media.giphy.com

There are few things in this world that are better than the feeling of laying in bed with ten blankets piled on top of you. Sitting there, watching the snow or a good movie, and knowing that you are nice and warm in the cold winter, is a good thing.

6. The food and drinks.

media.giphy.com

Winter has some of the best food and drinks of the year. I mean, you can drink hot coffee year-round, but drinking a hot coffee on a cold day and feeling it warm you is a lot better than drinking a hot coffee on a hot day and remaining hot.

7. The outings.

media.giphy.com

Winter outings can be some of the best times of the year. Ice skating, snowball fights, Christmas shopping, just getting ready to go out can put you in a good mood.

8. Coats.

media.giphy.com

Coats are amazing. They keep you warm, which is nice, but they're also convenient. You have a cute thing that goes with your clothes and a ton of pockets to put everything, so you don't even need to carry a purse half the time.

9. Fuzzy socks.

media.giphy.com

Fuzzy socks are like a blanket for your feet. You can wear them year-round, but there is no point most of the year. There is a point in the summer though.

10. That feeling you get when you walk into a building with heat.

media.giphy.com

You know that feeling when you're really cold, but you get to where you're going and you walk inside and you feel the heat. Then you start to feel yourself warm up. Now that's a top tier feeling.

11. Snow days.

media.giphy.com

While snow is nice in itself, snow days are even better. Waking up to find that all of your obligations have been waived for the day and it is up to you to fill the day can be such a great feeling.

12. The shoes.

media.giphy.com

Winter shoes are some of the cutest shoes. Boots are a winter staple and go with pretty much everything. They're like a coat for your feet.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am in love with winter, and I really hope I can help everyone find the same love for the winter season.