The Things We Take For Granted

The Things We Take For Granted

Take a moment to pause and appreciate the little things

125
The Hansen Foundation Inc.

Sometimes in this lovely life of ours, we get caught up in things like eating Tide Pods, and get distracted from the things we should be more appreciative of and may take for granted.

We take for granted the fact that we live in AMERICA. THE US of A. The place of FREEDOM. Appreciate that you can say what you feel, because not everyone in this world gets to post funny memes of their president on Twitter or give their thoughts.

We take for granted the feeling of aloe on a sunburn. If there were no aloe plants, I'm pretty sure we would all look like designer, leather Gucci bags. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing? Either way, we definitely don't appreciate aloe as much as we should.

We take for granted 24 hour gas stations. You may not always be craving beef jerky or an Arizona Iced tea or a nice bag of Skittles. But when YOU DO, and there's something you want and the only thing that's open is a gas station, you better be thankful for it. Because your cravings aren't going to satisfy themselves.

We take for granted our access to Wi-Fi. It's always just been right there for us, and we don't realize that without it, we probably wouldn't be alive today. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I know for a fact that our lives wouldn't operate the way they do now without it. Only using data? What a tragedy that would be...

We take for granted the days we don't get stuck in any traffic. You never really appreciate the open roads until one day you're moving one mile an hour, and it takes you triple the time to get to a place that usually takes you five minutes.

You never really realize what you took for granted until it's gone. I'm sure you've heard that one before, but always keep this in mind. Even though we may always have access to these things in our lives, plus maybe a little more, it's still good to sit back and appreciate certain things that your life would be completely different without.