10 Things Dairy-Free People Experience

10 Things Dairy-Free People Experience

52
10 Things Dairy-Free People Experience
Pizza Hut

No matter the level of your allergy or point in your dairy-free life, you have probably already experienced these 10 instances and will continue to encounter them on perhaps a daily basis.

• New people

We all know their reactions way too well, with their apologies and feeling bad for eating that chocolate cream-covered donut as they tell you they are so sorry for eating it in front of you, and constantly asking you for forgiveness, like they have committed a crime.

• Your BEST FRIENDS take another approach….

We have those friends that eat double dairy in their diets to tease you on purpose. They say things like, “Oh my goodness, this double-cheese pizza with stuffed crust goes so well with my cheese dip and milkshake” or “Your life sucks, and don’t you wish you could eat this?” “Why is your body so weird?” and “Why does it hate you so much it won’t let you eat the most delicious foods on the planet?" We know, this approach comes across as the most caring, in actuality.

• Go-To meals

You have a mental list of things you can eat at restaurants that aren’t so dairy-sruffed, most of which involve chicken, pasta salad, or a sandwich without cheese.

• The Torture of the Dessert Aisle

No matter your walking pace, you’re constantly saying, No… I wish... that looks dangerous… maybe this, wait… also a no. This is gluten-free it MUST be dairy-free… only discovering lies.

• Normality of Special Ordering

99 percent percent of the time, you forget that you are special ordering, because it’s ingrained in your life. You order your green tea frap with soy milk, no whip so fast at Starbucks that the Barista needs you to repeat your order. Your friends make you order, because you’re obviously ordering the dish with the most dairy and trying to do the chef’s job for them by deciding which ingredients to use and which to leave out.

• Dairy-Free Articles Give You Life

You often find yourself spending way too much time finding articles about things you didn’t know were dairy-free, and putting your life on hold to read about the delicious treats you’re missing out on. HELLO Oreo's and Lorna D Cookies!

• THEY HAVE DAIRY-FREE NOW?

The excitement that comes when you discover companies have released a dairy free version of amazing treats like PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER, almond milk yogurt, and even chocolate cashew milk!

• Your Dream Grocery Store

The comparable to Christmas Joy you get when you discover stores like EarthFare that have an entire isle dedicated to making your life better, while allowing you to eat things you’ve never seen in a dairy-free way before! Hello ice cream sandwiches, chocolate, and cupcakes!

• You're a Googling Pro

Being an expert at googling substitutions for certain items in a recipe you want to try, so much that you only type into google and it knows your intentions all too well.

• Justifying Your Condition as Normal

You’ve inevitably told someone at some time or another that you are actually the normal one, because humans are the only mammals that drink milk from other species on a regular basis.

Dairy-free can sometimes be a hassle, but hey, at least you never have to cry over spilled milk…