Things That Are Out Of Your Control

Sometimes Things That Are Out Of My Control, And That Is OK

Being in a situation that seems to be impossible to escape and needing to let go of certain parts of that situation that affect you but are out of your control is extremely difficult, at least me.

8

Over the last few weeks, I have been dealing with a situation that seems to have gotten way out of control. It started out as a simple disagreement about living arrangements for the next school year and it has turned into an all-out war between me and the other primary individual involved. As far as I am concerned the person is blocked on social media and texting services I have to ensure that the situation can not escalate any farther, meaning anything that happens after that action is by all standards out of my control. This is difficult for me to grasp simply because she is taking further actions purposely against me and in a very hostile and malicious way.

She and I were at one point friends and during that friendship we met several people through each other and settles a very nice friend group and like with any major falling out the friends are put in a very strange gray area trying to figure who they will hang out with and to what extent they will hang out with them. I have taken the route of saying I don't care if they continue to be my friend as well as the other persons friend and wouldn't ask them to hang out with me over them and I have even offered to have us all hang out together just to ease some of the tensions our friends may be feeling, however, the other person has not been so relaxed. They have been very hateful in regards to me and are now ever refusing to be in the same room as me, which I find extremely hurtful and rude considering the position it puts others in and the fact that she is lying to people about me and is playing victim despite being the one to cause all the drama.

I feel like I am dealing with a four-year-old in the sense that I am trying to think of others and cause as little drama as possible and I am being met with pure hostility and resentment and tantrums when I am supposed to be dealing with a second-year college student that is almost 20-years-old. It is one thing to be met with hostility if things were continuing to escalate or if something physical had gone down to cause our falling out however nothing like that has happened so I am being more stressed about these things. I am sick of feeling guilty, confused, hurt, and attacked for a situation that I have done my best to alleviate and leave in the past.

I am at the point where her childish actions feel completely uncalled for and I am ready to go to the school and complain because she is spreading lies about the situation and causing me to waste time dealing with her drama that I am almost incapable of focusing on my school work because I am feeling so much stress and anxiety from her poor choices and actions. I have her blocked, I have made no efforts to contact her, and have made no slanderous remarks to taint her personality despite having a lot of evidence to support my claims. I have confirmed with one of my future roommates that I do not want her anywhere near the apartment that I will be living in next year and have even gone as far as to say that if this continues then I will have to take legal actions because I will not feel safe staying at my school and hanging with my friends regularly and I feel that it is not fair that she gets to continue behaving like a child when the situation should be over and done with.