There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel

There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel

These are dark times, however, I believe the suffering will eventually come to an end.

83
There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Reddit

If you turn on the news right now, you will find nothing but negativity. Our world is in a state of chaos. England left the European Union. ISIS attacks plague the Middle East. Shootings in the U.S. seem to be a daily occurrence now, and people are in uproars throughout the country. People are upset, people are angry and people are looking for justice. People are divided. Our world seeks unity when we are most divided.

Situations in our world are bad right now, and I understand the negativity in these trying times, but I still believe in the innate good of man. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I want to tell you why I think the suffering can eventually come to an end. I hope I can be one positive voice, a voice that instills optimism instead of pessimism, because there is always hope.

People are people. If you look past the varied cultural customs and multitudes of language families, we are the same. We all have similar desires, and we all chase our dreams. We all have emotions: I don't love my family any more than a child in Saudi Arabia loves their parents. Together we mourn when tragedy strikes our world we share. Together we rejoice when good triumphs over evil. People are people, and I have hope that others will realize this simple fact as well. Unity crosses racial, cultural, and socioeconomic barriers. Once these barriers are broken and we come together, there is nothing we can't accomplish.

I am not naive enough to believe that there are no evil people in this world, because there are many. They often seem to outnumber the good, perhaps because they spend more time on media outlets. However, I do believe good triumphs over evil in the end, even if it takes some time.

What do I know of people? I know that a stranger once paid for my Starbucks drink in front of me in the drive-thru lane. I know hundreds of people walk with me to Defeat ALS every October, even if it is cold and drizzly outside. I know that a neighbor of mine provided a bicycle and groceries for a local homeless gentleman. I know that my mother changes the lives of her students for the better. I know that a warm smile can improve someone's day. I know small gestures of kindness add up, and I believe that most people want to look out for each other.

I know that people usually do what they do because they care.

Keep holding on. Hold on to your families, friends, beliefs and identities. Seek unity, and pray for peace. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to look for it.