To The Woman Who Gave Me Life, Happy Mother's Day

I will never know what it's like to feel unloved.

776
Greg Lieder
Motherhood: the state or experience of having and raising a child. —Your Dictionary

Dear Mom,

This rather public letter comes to you from the deepest, truest and most loving place in my heart. I don't think you know just how much I admire you. You have always and continue to put your children first, even when we don't deserve that treatment. There has never been a doubt in my mind just how much you love me. I will never know what it's like to feel unloved, and for that I thank you.

Thank you for supporting me.

Emotionally, physically and financially, you have given so much. Your sacrifices have never gone unnoticed. Whether I need a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear or a homemade meal, you are more than willing to drop everything you're doing.

Thank you for teaching me how to love.

I see how much you love our family each and every day. I see how selfless love can be. I've seen how much love can hurt, yet bring so much joy. I've learned from you just how much love can grow, encourage and inspire others.

Thank you for pushing me.

In times of turmoil, you've reminded me of my worth and why my sacrifices will soon pay off. You've mentioned how amazing life can be and how much it holds in store for every one of us. You've pushed me to never settle for anything in life and to live each day feeling accomplished.

Thank you for teaching me how to laugh.

Most importantly, I've been able to develop a sense of humor and "silliness" thanks to you. All of our inside jokes or "You're wearing the wrong colored shoe" moments have made my childhood and young adulthood quite memorable. When in doubt, laugh it out. Because without laughter, life is dull.

There you have it, Mom. The list could go on forever. You're a woman of strength. You're a woman of courage. You're a woman of wisdom. I just happen to call you "Mom."

Happy Mother's Day.