The Top 10 'Crime Junkie' Episodes That Will Remind You To Be Weird, Be Rude, And Stay Alive

According to someone who, oddly, has listened to every single episode.

242

Whether I am food shopping, working out, or baking, if you see me with my air pods in then most likely I am listening to an episode of "Crime Junkie." In 2017, host Ashley Flowers and her best friend/co-host Brit Prawat started their now incredibly famous podcast, Crime Junkie. Two years later, I started to do bi-weekly trips to see my boyfriend at his University which was an exhausting four and a half hours away.

Tired of listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and "Call Her Daddy." I decided to give
"Crime Junkie" a shot. Since then, I was hooked!

I have listened to every episode yet (I PROMISE I'm not a psychopath) and here are my top ten recommendations:

MURDERED: Barry and Honey Sherman 

This episode talks about the gruesome and bizarre double homicide murders of Canadian business mogul Barry Sherman, and his wife Honey. The episode gives us a glimpse into their lavish lives, bad business deals, and family feuds that all have to do with one thing... money.

MISSING: Brian Schaffer

This episode had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, and at certain points, I could feel my heart thud against my chest. This episode goes into the peculiar disappearance of the 27-year-old medical student Brian Schaffer. With so many what-ifs and no concrete evidence at the end of this episode, you'll be thinking, "Did he get abducted by aliens?"

INFAMOUS: The Preppy Murder

The murder of Jennifer Levin in 1986 sent shock waves around the world after her body was found in Central Park, New York. The murderer had everyone rallying for him for three reasons: he was pretty, rich, and white. Ladies please listen to this podcast as a precautionary tale.

MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF: Phoebe Hadsjuk 

Police ruled her death suicide immediately. Family and friends said it was murder. Was it covered up for a reason? Was it her boyfriend? And how is the local government involved? If you love a good edge of the seat mystery, here is the episode to start with.

MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF: The Yuba County Five

This episode retells the story of five mentally challenged men who headed to a basketball game in Yuba Country, California, in February 1978. This infamous story tore the nation apart in different theories as to what happened to these men. And I assure you that you will form your end too by the end of it.

CONSPIRACY: The Women of Juarez

Please be advised that this is one of the most gruesome, chilling, and horrifying episodes of them all. However, I believe it is a story that deserves way more attention that is has since its beginning in 1993. Since then hundreds of women in Juarez, Mexico have died horrible deaths. What's even worse is that the police have seemingly tried to cover it up. Buckle up and bring tissues for this episode.

MISSING: Bryce Laspisa 

In 2013, Bryce Laspisa, a nineteen-year-old sophomore in college, disappeared in Rocklin, California. The only piece of evidence left behind from his disappearance was his overturned car near a lake. But even with hundreds of volunteers searching the surrounding area along with search dogs, helicopters, and horseback, there was no evidence of Bryce's whereabouts. A truly chilling story and a precautionary tale for all people. If your friend is acting off please do not ignore it.

INFAMOUS: Alice Crimmins

Sadly, the United States has protected good-looking, womanizing men because they seem to darn pretty to kill. But, when women like to have sex they somehow become monsters. In 1965, after Alice Crimmins's two kids were found dead, she was immediately deemed the murderer by the media because she wore makeup and was known to "get around." Everyone thought she was the murderer even before she had her (very unfair) trial. But when you listen to this podcast you'll realize how little evidence they had against this heartbroken mother.

MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF: Kyle Antonacci 

In 2010, Navy sailor Kyle Antonacci was found dead in his room. Police ruled it a suicide immediately. But after Kyle's family saw photos of their dead son's body in his room they quickly realized that it was obvious someone had killed him. This episode dives deep into what seems like a cover-up by the United State's very own Navy.

CONSPIRACY: North Fox Island & The Oakland County Child Killer Parts 1 and Two 

TRIGGER WARNING: THESE EPISODES CONTAINS GRAPHIC TALK OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AGAINST MINORS.

In these two episodes, Ashley and Brit go over the tons of horrific child murderers that terrorized the wealthy communities in Detroit in the 1970s. The convoluted story contains tons of police and government cover-ups and with no real murderer put away, you'll be screaming at your phone by the end of it. Please share this episode with as many people as you can, as these are cases that need to be put on blast in order for there to be any real change.