The Top 5 Movie Sagas Of All Time

The Top 5 Movie Sagas Of All Time

"I think if you make a good movie, people walk away arguing." - Angelina Jolie

725
The Top 5 Movie Sagas Of All Time
Odyssey

Movies are literally amazing. Don't even try to argue with me about the movies on this list because I am probably already convinced that you are wrong and I am right. There's something about a "series" of movies that makes me love it even more. Though this was extremely difficult, I narrowed this list down to what I consider to be the five best movie sagas, trilogies, and/or series of all time.

1. "Star Wars"

This movie saga is probably the most iconic of all time, and yes, I am a nerd. These aren't typical science fiction movies, though. They are full of so many good things: love, drama, tragedy, action, adventure, and even shiny weapons. "Star Wars" is (in my opinion) the best movie series of all time. It is a classic, perfect for all generations, and thankfully, still growing! Some people might disagree, but those people obviously weren't raised in my "Star Wars" household: complete with a Yoda alarm clock and all.

2. "Harry Potter"

I'm pretty sure most people would say that this is the best movie series of all time, and I will admit that I love it almost as much as I love "Star Wars." These movies are iconic, life-changing, and unbelievingly artistic. They are mostly accurate to the books, but even so, they are good movies on their own. This movie saga starts with an eleven-year-old boy who discovers a world of magic, and wow, what a world it is! He makes great friends, falls in love, and always, always beats the bad guy. "Harry Potter" is a must-see movie saga! (And, a must-read book series, obviously!)

3. "Hunger Games"

You know how people say that books are better than movies? Well, these movies are seriously awesome! (And so are the books!) Even if you haven't read the books (which you should), you will be captivated by the story of Katniss Everdeen from the very first second. These movies are beautiful, and Katniss Everdeen is my hero. If you haven't marathoned this series before, you totally should.

4. "The Matrix"

I think this movie series is one of my all time favorites! "The Matrix" (and its sequels) are a little bit older sci-fi, but they are science fiction nonetheless. It's about a universe where nothing is real, and a man who doesn't want any part of it. He talks to Morpheus, discovers the Matrix, and becomes the "chosen one" meant to rescue the entire world. I was on the edge of my seat for the majority of this series and I still think the plot is completely unmatched in other works of fiction today. Also, I'm still not entirely convinced that we aren't living inside the Matrix ;)

5. "Mission: Impossible"

Okay, Okay... give me a break. You can skip this one if spy movies aren't your thing. But for some unfathomable reason (probably because of Tom Cruise) I love, love, love these movies. They are hilarious, full of intrigue, and believe it or not, they make me cry every time. "Mission: Impossible" is ranked at number five on this list, and I PROMISE it's for good reason! It's hard not to love Tom Cruise, and even harder not to love Ethan Hunt... Trust me!

There you have it, folks! My top movie sagas of all time. Read, watch, and be inspired by each and every movie on this list! And yes, the book is usually better, but hey, the movies are good too! ;)

Honorable Mentions (because my husband/best friend might kill me if I don't at least acknowledge some of these movies): "Lord of the Rings" ("Hobbit" movies included), "High School Musical", "Divergent," "Twilight," "Taken," "Star Trek," etc.