The Top 10 Pride Anthems You Should Blast During Quarantine

For those of us stuck inside during Pride this year, here are the ten anthems you should be blasting.

1762
YouTube

Most people go out to celebrate during Pride. However, this year has been quite different for some people. After the Black Lives Matter protests began this year, more people have been going out to advocate for social justice than expected.

Yet, there are still many who understandably don't want to put themselves at unnecessary risk after the COVID-19 pandemic. For those people staying home this Pride month, here are the ten anthems you need to turn up!

10. "Mood Ring" (By Demand) (Pride Remix) - Britney Spears

When Britney Spears released her "Glory" album in 2016, fans went wild for this song. Unfortunately, it wasn't available on the regular track list. It was a bonus track exclusive for Japan. Team Britney heard fans' pleas and made it available on streaming platforms this year. An extra surprise came this month when we were treated to this official Pride remix version!

9. "Up Against Me" - LP

Out singer-songwriter LP has written songs for some of pop music's biggest names. Her roster of artists include Christina Aguilera, Cher, and Rihanna. Her single, "Lost On You," made quite an impression and this track is even better. The upbeat track talks about loving someone in the face of oppression. I think that lyrical concept is perfect for Pride!

8. "I Like Boys" - Todrick Hall

Making a name for himself on YouTube, Todrick Hall released his EP, "Haus Party, Pt. 1" last year. This track (and its video) made people stop and take notice. Many have dubbed this Hall's "coming out song." I can't think of a better coming out statement, to be honest. If this song doesn't become a future Pride anthem, it's a shame people are going to miss out.

7. "It's Not Right But It's Okay (Thunderpuss MIx)" - Whitney Houston

Whitney Houston was a diva known for her big ballads. She had an incredible voice and a large LGBTQ following. However, it's not just ballads that Houston was able to perfect. She had a long list of dance hits and this remix proved to be her most unforgettable.

6. "Everlasting Love (Classic Paradise Mix)" - Gloria Estefan

Gloria Estefan officially embraced her LGBTQ following with this music video. Estefan was nine months pregnant at the time of this video shoot. Obviously unable to shoot a video herself, Estefan called on several drag queens to perform the song. The remix used in the video is a perfect track to play at Pride.

5. "Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme) (Morales Revival Triumphant Mix)" - Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey has been ruling the music world for the past 30 years. In the nineties, Carey was at the height of her powers and ranked up an impressive string of hit singles. She would often team up with David Morales to create new house mixes of her hits with new vocals. This is one of the most memorable and it's self-empowerment theme fits Pride perfectly.

4. "Bloom" - Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan has proved himself to be one of the most impressive out gay artists in recent years. He has made an impression on the mainstream pop scene while remaining authentic to himself. His second album "Bloom," touched on love and sensuality from a gay man's perspective. The title track was hailed by many as a "bottoming anthem."

3. "Together Again" - Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson has built a reputation as an icon for the LGBTQ community. She made her first statement supporting the community on her 1997 album, "The Velvet Rope." On the track "Free Xone," Jackson spoke about accepting those of various sexual orientations. On "Together Again," Jackson wrote about her friends who passed from AIDS. It became one of the biggest hits of her career.

2. "Bad Romance" - Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga has become one of the biggest LGBTQ icons of the past decade. Her discography has been worshiped by the community and she has a long string of hits perfect for any Pride celebration. Her single "Bad Romance" might go down in history as her signature tune. The track became an instant anthem and should be played at every Pride celebration.

1. "Vogue" - Madonna

If there's one artist who has consistently and fearlessly defended the LGBTQ community, it's Madonna. Today's pop stars wouldn't be the artists they are without Madonna's influence. Her 1990 single "Vogue" brought an underground dance craze to the mainstream. Voguing was initially seen in Harlem's gay bars and, thanks to Madonna, ended up on the dance floor of wedding receptions. Keep in mind that this was all before it was trendy to do so.