The Things I'd Tell You So You Would Never Doubt The Love I Have For You

Every day I wonder what I'd say if I found "the one." I think improvisation would be the way to go.

323

The things I’d tell you

I had a conversation with my friends the other night about what we have planned in the future.

We talked about how successful we’ll be at our jobs.

We spoke of the nice, fancy car we’ll race each other in.

We conversed on the topic of marriage and family.

You see, it’s tough because my boys all have girls and I’m… single.

They have this ideal picture in their mind on the person they’re with and

They ask me, “Hey, what about you?”

Dumbfounded, I conjure up a little something, just to give them an answer.

I don’t know.

I don’t know who I’ll be with.

I don’t know what she’ll be like.

I don’t even know my type.

But,

If the time came around and I found someone;

If there was a real life person in front of me,

These are the things I’d tell them.

Good morning.

Good afternoon.

Goodnight.

I love you.

In the morning I’d wake up to the sight of you next to me.

With immense happiness I’d tell you how lucky I am.

I’d give you soft kisses and remind you that you are beautiful.

I’d grab that hand of yours like it’s the first time I’ve ever seen one and tell you I love you.

In the afternoon I’d smile at a silly text you send while I’m at work.

I’d reply by saying I hope you’re having a good day, I miss you.

With a kissy emoji I’d remind you that you are beautiful.

As I put my phone away to go back to work I’d make sure to leave a message saying, I love you.

In the evening I’d come home to your bright smile.

Filling me with joy, I’d pick you up and kiss you.

I would ask how can someone be so beautiful.

Before going to bed, I’ll look at you, I’ll pull you in a little closer, I love you.

Not a day goes by where I look at you and

It feels like a ray of sunshine is glistening

At you just to point out

That I found the one.

Your corny sense of humor

Is what makes me laugh and smile,

Enjoying these messages, I receive.

You make me happy.

I know that I can always

Count on you

Through whatever trouble I have.

You understand me.

But,

You aren’t here yet.

I’m still looking for you.

These are the things I’d tell you.