Winter Break Can Get Boring, But It's Good For Your Health
Winter Break

Winter Break Can Get Boring, But It's The Chance To Rejuvenate Before Reality Strikes Again

Here is the thing about winter break.

17

It can't be just me. I know there is someone out there who feels the same. You're finally on break and even though break was nice, you're bored.

I've done my traveling, I've done the gift giving and the gift wrapping and now I'm over it. I'm sitting on the couch wondering which Netflix season I'm going to start next.

But then again, the break is about to be over as well.

Who wants to go back on campus, anticipating homework every night and waking up at 8:30 in the morning? Not I.

Here's the dilemma, I want break to be over because I have absolutely nothing to do, but I don't want classes to be back. Although, when we did have class, I always had something to do. Wow, do I sound like a loser or what?

That's the thing about winter break. It's too cold outside to go to the beach, but it's not cold enough to go outside making snow angels.

It's the absolute worst. I've watched all the Halloween movies more than twice and I've already watched the Christmas specials. So, what exactly do I do while I watch my cats have the time of their lives on their expensive cat tree house that I bought them? How selfish of them to not keep me company.

The thing about winter break is that as a college student, I don't have the money to just fly to Rome on the holiday and spend the break with a man I met and soon to be husband. No, no, that only happens in movies. But I would still love to travel.

If only college paid me $15 an hour, that'd be nice, wouldn't it?

The thing about winter break is that everyone is out of town with family, so it makes it so much harder to find someone to go have fun and possibly date. All your friends are gone so you have to wait about three more weeks for everyone to come back, and then everyone is talking about their amazing break when in all honesty you're probably going to lie about some things you didn't do. Cause who wants to sound like a loser?

You slept in most days? Well, why not say you went to the beach and just relaxed alone to yourself with a glass of wine.

You made Ramen every night? Well, say you cooked yourself extravagant meals every day and you've started this new diet.

Actually, don't be a liar. No one likes a liar.

But winter break is fun and it's a time to create memories of yourself and with other people. It's a time to snuggle up and watch movies. It's the perfect time to really relax before school comes again.

In all honesty, winter break is a time to figure out whatever you need to figure out before you go back.