17 'Thank-Yous' My College Girl Gang Deserves

Because you just don't hear it enough.
38

Sometimes, when we find a really great group of friends, we start to get used to it. We feel very lucky to have them, but we begin to take them for granted. No matter who your girl gang is, make sure they know how thankful you are for them.

1. Thank you for always responding to my texts

Whether it is an important question/revelation, a collection of screenshots or just "what r u doing", thank you for always responding.

2. Thank you for letting me tell you anything (read: literally anything)

And not making me feel weird about what I tell you. Whether its a weird medical question or a story that maybe should have been kept to myself, thanks for being a listening ear.

3. Thank you for being there for me through the tough times

It is hard to be around people when they are going through a hard time, whatever that may be. But thanks for doing it.

4. Thank you for having fun with me even doing boring stuff

Somehow, with the right gang, even doing sprints at the gym or homework at the library can be semi-enjoyable.

5. Thank you for doing the little things for me

Whether that is bringing me McDonald's in the middle of the night when I'm stressed or telling me I look nice when I'm having one of those days, it means the world.

6. Thank you for being honest with me

I'd rather you tell me I look ridiculous than lie and say "oh, that looks great!" when it is clear it doesn't. The honesty is what separates good friends from great friends.

7. Thank you for supporting me constantly

Little encouraging text messages mean so much, but even just a heart for eyes comment on a picture can make you feel on top of the world.

8. Thank you for making hours go by in minutes

With the right gang, it can go from your 7 p.m. homework meet up to your 1 a.m. pizza chow down and High School Musical showing in what feels like minutes. (You're the right gang.)

9. Thank you for laughing at my piece of sh*t jokes

I appreciate the pity laughs. But what I appreciate most is those moods where all the crap jokes are the ones that result in laughing tears.

10. Thank you for not making me feel like I need to change to fit in

From a person who has had a hard time finding the right friend group, thank you for letting me just be myself and still loving me for it.

11. Thank you for keeping me on track with my goals

I appreciate you telling me not to order those cookies (or, 6 of those cookies rather) and reminding me why.

11. But also for not making me feel bad when I don't meet the mark

But sometimes, 6 cookies are necessary. Thanks for knowing the difference.

12. Thank you for understanding my moods (sometimes just by my face)

After a while, you've learned what should/should not be brought up and when. That's the sign of a true friend group.

13. Thank you for not judging me, ever

For anything. That's a pretty impressive feat.

14. Thank you for also thinking a night in watching 2000s tween movies an unforgettable night

The laughter shared over the "Lizzie McGuire" movie or "Jump In" is laughter that can't be found elsewhere.

15. Thank you for being friends worth telling my parents about

You're the kind of people who are worth telling everyone about. It's only fair my parents know about my other family.

16. Thank you for being friends worth being my bridesmaids

You're the people who have stood next to me for a long time, and the people who will stand next to me at my wedding, too.

17. Thank you for loving me, through and through

That is the brunt of it. Thank you for being the greatest friends a girl could ask for. I don't deserve it, but I am thankful.