There's Nothing Spookier Than The Tale Of A College Student Who Gets Sick During Midterms

You're the student who coughs loudly when there is silence during lecture... and it's a living nightmare.

73

'Tis the season of fall where the colors on the trees are changing and Halloween is about to start. However, have you ever woken up one day and notice the weather is weird? In the morning, there is some breeze coming along so you decided to wear a sweatshirt as you walk to class. However, as the day progresses and it reaches 2 pm, it is sunny and 75 degrees. You get hot and begin to get sweaty.

You ask yourself and say, " Damn, this crazy weather. I don't even know what to wear for this day." So after you reflect your thoughts on the weather and your class starts. The lecture is being taught and all of a sudden your best friend, roommate, or the person sitting next to you sneezes. Not just once... but three times. Then you hear various sniffling sounds from the crowd and that's when you realize flu season is now in.

You think to yourself and say, " Oh no." So what do you do? You try to be polite to your fellow peers and talk with them, but you try TO AVOID BEING SICK. You know you got an exam coming up in one of your classes and you can't pay the consequences of missing it or trying to miss a day of classes.

So you start to take caution. You put on hand sanitizer, stay at a distance from your friends, and try to stay healthy. Things are going well and as days pass, you think you have beaten the common cold. Your exam is within a few days and you feel like a million bucks.

You wake up the next morning and you feel different. You feel tired in your joints and then you sneeze. Not once... but 3 times. The next thing you know you have a raspy throat. Tis the season, congrats you got the cold. You tried to protect yourself, but you couldn't run away from it. No matter how hard you try to stay healthy, eventually you will get the common cold one day or another.

It's over, you have a cold now. You're the student who coughs loudly when there is silence during lecture. You're the one making sniffling noises. The roles have now switched. The people you knew who was once sick, is now cured. Now it is your turn. You feel body aches, warmth, and constantly coughing/sneezing. You go to the doctors and turns out you may have something more intense than the average cold. It could be the flu, bronchitis etc. and you can not attend class. You have an excused absence and your exam is tomorrow.

When you heard the news, one side of you was glad that you can actually rest and lay in bed. Another side of you is freaking out because that means you will probably be behind in most of your classes. You will have to make up your exams and such. A bittersweet moment you might say. Well, think you think to yourself, " What do I do now?" You can do the exam and yet not go to your classes, or go to bed and think about this later.

What do you guys do in this situation? Have you taken an exam while you nearly close to dozing off or have you taken a break and made it up later? Hope you enjoyed this and brought some summer to you.