The Struggles Of Being A College Senior

The Struggles Of Being A College Senior

College-bound one last time.

90
The Struggles Of Being A College Senior
Emily Reid

Some people think that being a college senior is all great and wonderful because it’s your last year and you want to get out of college as soon as possible so that you can get into the real world and make real money. Well, that’s true, however, people our age don’t realize that the real world means no more fun times in the middle of the week, unless you have the day off of work, and no more sleeping in all the time and skipping classes. Being in the real world means having a real job, making real money, and having priorities to make.

If you are a senior in college, remember to have fun and enjoy yourself because before you know it, you will be getting your degree and not registering for housing the next year. You don’t really realize how much time you have left with your class until the big events start to happen, like senior trips, so you should enjoy your time while you can.

Another struggle that college seniors face is the fear of living on your own, away from family. The reason we struggle with being away from home is because some of us have lived where we live now, for our whole lives and are attached. Homesickness is a huge deal in college because it sometimes effects our grades and emotions depending how much of a homebody the student is. It’s hard, but you need to start moving on sometime, so you might as well start now by not going home as much as you used to your freshman, or sophomore year.

One huge struggle that we seniors have a tough time getting around with is the transition from being in the college party life style then going into actual “adulting”. It is hard thinking that in just about ten months, we will no longer get to go out as much as we do now. It’s crazy how the time flies when you are having fun, but we are going to college to get a degree in what we have been wanting to do all our lives, and that’s what makes it all worth it. So here’s to senior year and live life to the fullest because senior year will be over before we all know it.