The Stages Of The Group Chat

The Stages Of The Group Chat

A blessing and a curse

82
The Stages Of The Group Chat

If you have a cellphone, you've probably been in a group chat from time to time. Even though it sounds like an easier way to communicate, it comes with its ups and downs. Everyone loves the group chat, until they go through the following stages:

Making sure everyone is added

If your friend group is like mine, theres a lot of people to be added. The first step of the group chat is to make sure everyone is accounted for. Once this is covered, the fun can begin

Naming the group chat

This is an important task. The name of the group chat has to work on all levels and apply to everyone in the chat. But there is always that one friend that names it something too inappropriate to have pop up on your screen at any given moment or someone who copy and pastes song lyrics as the title

When the jokes are fire

Everyone is contributing and the chat is HILARIOUS. The topics are changing so fast you need to type for your life to get your joke in before it’s too late

Responding in Memes

Eventually, the chat turns from texting to finding random funny pictures online. This is arguable the best part. Who knew you could roast someone with pictures of a penguin?

The chat is starting to get old

You step out of a ten minute shower to 456 text messages. At first, they're talking about the night out last night and when you finally are able to contribute it has switched to “Look at these puppies on YouTube”

You Ignore the phone to get away

By now you don’t really care what everyone is saying, you just want to binge on Netflix so you silence your phone. It seems like a great idea until you have 3 missed calls from your mom

4 am freak out

It’s 4 am and the group chat is going off every two seconds. You send a text saying to shut up but that just makes them text more. *internal screaming*

It’s time to quit

Finally you’ve had enough and decide to hit the leave group button with little to no emotion. You feel a huge weight has been lifted as you sit in silence for more than 20 seconds

You’re bored now

You’re free from the chat, but you have nothing to do. You hate it but you just can’t get enough. You text your friend to let you back in and the whole cycle starts again.