The Return Of Frank Ocean

The Return Of Frank Ocean

He's baaaaaaack.

29
The Return Of Frank Ocean
Spin

OK, so if you really know me and you're my true friend, you know I am in love with Frank Ocean. I have been waiting years to hear some new music from him, and I finally got my wish Thursday night.

So I'm going to tell a little story. Thursday morning, I was really hungry. I decided to go get some breakfast, go home, watch a little Grey's Anatomy, and go to the gym. My plans got flipped upside down in a matter of seconds. I just moved into my new apartment, and once I got back from getting breakfast I was trying to get into my apartment. My keys weren't working, and as I was trying to get in, a spider was crawling on me. If you also really knew me, you know I don't do spiders. Whatsoever. So the spider was crawling on me, and I was walking and flailing trying to get it off me. I forgot there's a little step outside my door, so as I'm flailing and what not I come down on my left ankle and hear a loud pop. I had sprained my ankle.

As I'm in the ambulance and entering the hospital, I am waiting to be examined. I start listening to music and Frank Ocean pops up in one of my playlists. Now imagine how I'm feeling. My ankle is sprained, Frank Ocean's old music keeps popping up, and I'm hungry since I dropped my food when I was trying to catch myself. Every time I hear a song by Frank, I get mad all over again because he hasn't released music in over four years. Channel Orange came out when I was sophomore or junior in high school. I am now a junior in college and I still hadn't heard any new music.

Like I said, my world was flipped upside down by this sudden ankle sprain. I'm clumsy, but I had no idea I was this clumsy. I had to get help from my mom and boyfriend to get adjusted to my ankle brace, crutches, and going up and down the steps in my apartment. For most of the day, I slept or watched Grey's Anatomy. When I woke up during the night, I checked Twitter. Frank Ocean was the number one trending topic.

I clicked on the hashtag, and I almost stopped breathing. Frank Ocean had released music. I'm thinking "Well it's about time!", but I'm also just trying to find the link so I can listen to what he created. Just my luck, he streamed it on Apple Music. I was expecting an album, but it was actually a visual album. The album is called Endless. As I listened to it, I realized he had streamed this music a few weeks back somewhere else. I didn't care. I was just happy to hear his voice again!

In the video, it's three people who appear to be Frank Ocean possibly. The video is in black and white with the music playing in the back. Frank is playing Bob the Builder as he is building a staircase. I was wondering why in the world is he building a staircase, but the staircase looked like it was one that had no ending. Maybe this is what the title means? Maybe Frank was saying how love is endless or life is endless or something with a deeper meaning...or maybe I'm the one who's making up a deeper meaning when in actuality there isn't one.

The first song was his own cover of At Your Best (You Are Love) by The Isley Brothers. It was so beautiful. All the production in each track sounded amazing, and I think Frank Ocean has redeemed himself. Rolling Stone said that Ocean says that Endless is a completely different album, and that he will be releasing another album sometime this weekend. Hopefully that's true. Endless can hold me over for a little while, but I need a little more from Frank. If you want to listen to Frank Ocean's new music, you can listen here.

Happy listening, and welcome back Frank Ocean. You're back and even better than before.