The remarkable invention of this generation (The Talking Glasses)

One of the best inventions of this generation is OrCam MyEye 2 by Ziv Aviram Amnon Shashua. A perfect combination of camera and standard eyeglasses allows a blind person to identify faces

61

.

Here are some details about OrCam MyEye 2:

One of the best inventions of this generation is OrCam MyEye 2 by Ziv Aviram Amnon Shashua. A perfect combination of camera and standard eyeglasses allows a blind person to identify faces, read texts and books, and do many such things that a normal person can do with their eyes.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

OrCam is made up of hardware that counts 3 x 83 x .59 inches with a camera on one side and the speaker on the other side. This device can be set up on any frame of any pair of eyeglasses by a magnetic mount. The underside of the OrCam is flat having a power button while the top side is rounded and has a touch bar that is raised for easy location. Also, it is possible for the user to adjust the sensitivity of the touch bar.

Unfortunately, OrCam does not allow blind people to practice, but it allows blind people to hear the image next to them. OrCam is basically a camera that clicks pictures, identifies them, and transfers those pictures through a text-to-speech engine whose voice is audible through the speakers which are placed near the user's right ear. To describe a bit more, the default voice assistant for text-to-speech is the English female Ivona Kendra voice, which speaks at 220 words per minute. Though it has the ability to speak many languages, this is more popular.

LIGHT REQUIREMENTS:

One of the major requirements of the OrCam MyEye 2 is the light. It does require a lot of light. Whether you are having a walk at the park, reading a newspaper, recognizing the face of people in front of you, you will need a majority of light in these conditions to hear what is happening around you. So, it is important to learn that the greater the light the greater the performance by the device.

BATTERY LIFE:

There are both good and bad things about OrCam MyEye 2 when it comes to the battery life of the device. The good thing is that it takes only half an hour to completely charge the battery, so you can prepare it in a quick time when you are planning to go outside or having an important meeting, or anything where OrCam is necessary. It will get ready for you in just 30 minutes.

Coming to the other side, the battery life of the device is 4 to 5 hours from a single charge. After that, you will have to charge the battery again and use it again. The battery can also be charged with an external portable battery or power bank, as this device comes up with a micro-USB charger that makes it possible to charge it anytime easily.

READING WITH ORCAM:

The best feature of OrCam is arguable the reading feature. With the help of these, you can hear what you can read. If you want to read a file document, the first thing you have to do is, hold the document in front of you, and tap the touch bar which clicks a snap of the document.After getting snap, it starts reading the document for you. OrCam MyEye 2.0 is a gesture-controlled device, so you can just point at a specific line in the document with your finger, and it will just read that line for you. If you want to read only a specific paragraph, you just need to point at that and will start reading. It may happen sometimes that OrCam is unable to read some part of the document, in that case, the problem could be of the picture, you simply need to capture the picture again and it will again start reading it for you. You can also control the OrCam reading by just telling it to start or stop

FACE RECOGNITION:

The most fascinating feature of OrCam is face recognition. This device can detect a variety of faces as well. It doesn't matter whether you are at the mall or the market, it can tell you who is there in front of you. Whether it is a man, a child, a woman, an old one, or anyone! OrCam lets you know and you can react to that person in a comfortable way. One more feature in face recognition is that you can also manually add faces to it. The faces that are always with you or near you can be added in the OrCam MyEye 2.0. To add a face, you just need to hold down the touch bar while the person whose face it to be added just needs to move their head slowly in both directions. It is even better if the person speaks in between this process. The OrCam continuously clicks the picture of the subject and stores them according to their name.

CURRENCY IDENTIFICATION:

Another brilliant feature of this is it can identify money as well. You just need to be a little careful while holding the money in front of you. As the money should be placed right in front of the camera.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:

It is also possible to identify objects and then use them for further identification. As for face recognition, you have to click pictures of the object and store it in the database by taking the name of the object.

One more feature is that it can identify the bar codes. The only trick in this is to locate the bar code and the rest is done by the OrCam.