The Reality Of Having A Big Heart

The Reality Of Having A Big Heart

14 things about being big-hearted.

22055
The Reality Of Having A Big Heart

This one is for all the people who have a big heart. Whether we are labeled as naive or as one of the best people to have in your life, lets face it, having a big heart is both a blessing and a curse. Here are 14 realities of having a big heart.

1. You may not speak up because you know it will hurt the other person's feelings more.

When it comes to something that bothers you, you probably want to say something but know you'd have to be very careful with your words. So, instead of just saying how you feel to make yourself feel better, you refrain on behalf of the other person's feelings. Sure, this is very thoughtful of you, but in the end there is a possibility of a blow up, which never turns out well.

2. You forgive people, probably one too many times.

As a person with a big heart, you tend to forgive people who don't deserve to be forgiven. Those people often take advantage of it because they know that you'll most likely forgive them in the end, and accept them back in your life no matter what they do.

3. You sometimes go the extra mile for those who wouldn't even cross the street for you.

Since you have such a big heart, you want to help anyone who needs help in any way you can. Whether that means something as simple as listening to their problems or something as grand as buying them something you know they need, but won't buy for themselves. Sometimes, you have to step back and realize which people genuinely appreciate the things you do for them and those who expect things from you. Only go the extra mile for the people who would do the same for you.

4. You continue to see the good in people who don't deserve it.

These are the times when someone continues to do you wrong and everyone else around you tries to tell you, but you defend them. You remember all the things they have done right and who you have made them out to be in comparison to what other people say and try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Often times, those on the outside see the truth before you're able to, but the good thing about this is, you can learn from these people and see the good in the right people.

5. You try to understand things from the other person's point of view.

When things go wrong and you have a disagreement/argument with someone you tend to think about their side of it and how they feel. You try to understand where they're coming from. You listen with the intent to understand more so than to respond.

6. You hold on to things even when it may be time to let go.

Since you may idealize situations or have high hopes, you may hold onto emotions or people for longer than you really should. Sometimes, this can ultimately affect you mentally in the long run and even cause unneeded stress.

7. You often forget how to say "no."

You want everyone to be comfortable and you want to help other people, you forget how to say no because you're more worried about them being offended rather than realizing that if you said "no" in certain situations, it could mean not having to deal with a situation that may upset you.

8. You take things harder than you should.

With a big heart comes a lot of emotions. People may say things that you know they don't mean harshly or in a negative way, but you still take it as such. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and that isn't always a bad thing, it just means you feel more.

9. You put your emotions into everything you do.

This doesn't always apply to relationships. Having a big heart means you have a lot to give to the things you love. You have a lot of love for many different things, and because of this passion within you, it shows in all things that you do.

10. You remember little details about people and may get upset when they don't.

Your big heart sort of functions as your brain, especially when it comes to the small details about those closest to you. You remember their 1st pet's name that they mentioned that one time at two in the morning, but they can't even remember your current dog's name. Now, that is a simple example, but nonetheless, you remember pretty much everything your friends or significant others say and may be a little bothered when they don't do the same.

11. You're really good at taking care of others, but don't always know how to accept help from others.

You see one of your friends struggling, and you automatically want to help. Whether they're sick, crying, upset, etc. you want to do something for them even if they don't want you to. When it comes to people helping you though, it's a totally different story. You ideally want people to help you, but you aren't the best at accepting help from others and sometimes may push people away.

12. You truly believe in love.

When it comes to love, you believe that there is someone out there for you. You believe that there is someone out there that you're meant to be with and know that it's out of your hands. Love is supposed to effortless, and when it happens, it'll happen but until then, you'll spread your love like wildfire.

13. You love hard.

Love is very serious for a person with a big heart. Unfortunately, because we have so much love to give, we sometimes give too much love...and to the wrong person. We become invested in people and like to smother them with love. We make sure that those who are most important know they're appreciated by always being there for them and doing everything we can to show them love.

14. You forget that not everyone has the same heart as you.

Lastly, the hardest lesson that us big-hearted people have to accept and understand. Not everyone has the same heart as you. That means that we have to realize that most of the things we do for someone won't always be reciprocated or appreciated to the degree it should be. We have to realize that the things we do are small victories for ourselves to make us feel better and not done with the intention of getting something in return.

Having a big heart is difficult, but it also equips you with discernment. You eventually begin to learn who is deserving of your full potential to love, those who aren't and those you just love on because they need someone. Using your big heart for good by spreading your love is one of the most selfless things you can do and in the end, you have to realize that at the end of the day, your big heart will be appreciated by those who are meant to be in your life, and those who don't deserve it, hopefully you touch them in some way, but that knowledge has nothing to do with you. Having a big heart is a huge responsibility, and when you learn how to use it as a positive weapon, it can be the most rewarding attribute to possess.