The Reality Of Being A Senior In College

There Are So Many Feelings

15

Never in my life did I think that senior year of college would be hard. I thought for sure, I would come back here, to the place that has been home for three consecutive years, and be the happiest I have ever been. While it is not the hardest year to date, I now fully understand why all of my friends who have graduated already, were 100 percent ready for graduation as early as November. I would be lying if I said I wasn't ready now, and it is only September. Senior year has its perks, but sweet Lord, it is a challenge and a half, and here is why.

1. Stuck between success and failure, literally

There has been a day, or a week, where the whole squad has contemplated failing. This way you could all stay together and not have to worry about not seeing each other every day.

2. Realizing that applying is right around the corner

Be it job applications or graduate school applications, do you even remember the last time you applied? To my fellow grad school applicants, where is College Board when we need it most?

3. "Do you have a plan yet?"

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked what I am doing after graduation, I wouldn't need to get a job for at least a year post-grad. I truly give so much credit to those of you who are current seniors who have a plan laid out for the day after graduation. Teach me... Please.

4. Wondering if your major was the right choice

How is it that you haven't questioned your major until now?

5. Checking, re-checking and triple checking your resume

Countless hours, enough said.

6. If graduate school is in my future: How am I going to learn an entirely new campus?

It took all of freshman year to find everything on campus, and there is no way I will be able to do it again.

7. How does one make friends?

I don't even want to think about not having my friends with me every day this time next year.

8. Where am I going to live?

If you are off to the real-world right away, you probably have spent a long time looking and crying at the cost of apartment living.

9. The value of a dollar

Reality is - money sucks.

10. Missing Home

You know you are where you belong, but this year feels like eternity and home is such a beautiful thought.

11. Remember when you got to live freely because classes were easy?

Can we please go back to taking GenEd's because these major courses are no joke.

12. How am I going to decorate my GradCap?

The ultimate question - with no right answer.

13. Wishing it would all start over!

At the end of the day, if you could restart, turn back time to the first day of freshman year, you know you would in a heart beat.