Pros And Cons Of Black Friday

Pros And Cons Of Black Friday

It is a double-edged sword.

643
Pros And Cons Of Black Friday
www.forbes.com

We all know the infamous Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving, people rush into their local malls and department stores at the crack of dawn to take advantage of the biggest sales of the year. As Black Friday quickly approaches this year, I find myself weighing the pros and cons of going for my first time.

Pro: The deals!

Who doesn’t want to save 90 percent off the newest toaster? The deals are almost irresistible. And what a great chance to get started on your Christmas shopping. I know people who get all of their gift buying done on Black Friday.

Con: Waking up at the crack of dawn.

After a day of strictly eating, the last thing I want to do is wake up at 3 a.m. The day after Thanksgiving should be reserved for breaking your carb coma with movies all day.

Pro: The thrill of the chase (of the deals, that is).

I’m sure it is a huge adrenaline rush to sprint in and out of stores, and grabbing things off the shelves before others do. It is certainly not an everyday activity, so a once-a-year crazy spree is good for our health.

Con: The potential of getting trampled.

We’ve all heard the stories and seen the videos of innocent people being run down by crazy shoppers. There is a chance a person could get seriously injured while running to the last pair of boots.

Pro: Bonding time?

If Black Friday shopping is an activity you do with your friends or family and you enjoy it, go for it. Why not take advantage of an essential holiday that only occurs once a year?

Con: Thanksgiving is special.

Thanksgiving is personally my favorite holiday, because the sole purpose of it (other than eating until you pass out) is to spend time with the people you love the most. It’s a chance to express all of the things you are thankful for. Some people choose to cut it short and go shopping to take advantage of the Black Friday deals and that is their business. One day, I am sure I’ll get to experience the fun of Black Friday shopping but this year, I think I’ll enjoy my family time and Thanksgiving leftovers.