6 Reasons You're Fired Up For Syracuse's 2015-16 Basketball Season

7

The cold air has started to blow around, and the leaves have begun to fall off of the trees. Somewhere in the Carmelo Anthony Center, Coach Boeheim is preparing for possibly one of the most important seasons of his career. Fall is on its way ladies and gentlemen, which means we are getting closer to basketball season here at SU. Get pumped!

We all know that every basketball game brings out an overwhelming amount of Orange Pride. You can't walk around campus on game-day without seeing a mass of people wearing orange. From walking into the Dome with your friends, and reminiscing with the Alma mater after every game, there are an endless list of things to be excited about. Here are just a few:

1. The Duke Rivalry.

Although one of the most anticipated games of the season won't be played here at the Dome, you can bet that every SU fan will be glued to their TV. I wouldn't be surprised if some SU fans even made their way down to Durham. Duke vs. Cuse gives us an unexplainable rush, and brings out the "Bleed Orange" in all of us, let's be honest.

2. Trevor Cooney and Michael Gbinje.

Love them or hate them, it's their senior year. This duo will be hitting 3's like no tomorrow, and leading SU to many wins this season.

3. The clever signs of SU students.

We've all seen them, and they are down right hilarious. Leave it to Syracuse students to produce signs like these ones:

4. The Atmosphere of the Dome.

What other school can say that they pack over 30,000 people into their stadium to cheer on their team? Well none, of course. The Carrier Dome is truly one of kind. There is no better feeling than walking in those doors and smelling the fresh popcorn and nachos, and listening to the synchronous cheers of the fans.

5. The Boeheim Outburst.

How could we ever forget when the ref called a foul against C.J. Fair during the Duke game? Boeheim ran out onto the court with steam blowing from his ears. Coach Boeheim always makes it known when he is not happy with a call, or his players in general. One lesson to be learned here folks, don't mess with the Boeheim.

6. Boeheim digging for treasure on live TV.

We just cant get enough. The camera always seems to catch Boeheim off-guard picking his nose, and the shots are absolutely hilarious. I guess he just hasn't learned his lesson.

Let's hope for a mild winter, lots of delicious food, and many more seasons with Coach Boeheim. Midnight Madness is also approaching Orange Nation! Mark it down on your calendars, and get ready for a roller-coaster ride of a season.