The Prayer Of Every College Kid During Finals Week

Please, God, I'll even take a C at this point.

149

Dear God,

Hey. It's me, ya favorite girl, Hannah. How're you doing today? I'm sure you're doing absolutely wonderful and keeping busy. I've been meaning to ask, how's the weather up there? Everyone down here talks about how good it must be. Down here, though, it's been a constant downfall. Thunderstorms all the time and never-ending rain. Or, on second thought, I think that's just my tears. Oh.

So, about that…

Okay, so for starters, I just want to thank you for everything. You know, it's so awesome that you decided that I be born. It's also really great that you blessed me with a brain that works quite well more than half of the time and implanted within me the desire to go to college. I mean, besides the constant breakdown and terrible sleep schedule, life is perfect. It's great. Wonderful. If it were an Amazon purchase, I would give it a solid 4 stars. It only has once default, and it's totally not your fault. It's just me. I'm not too sure how this life/college things is supposed to work just yet. Just a fault of the user.

…anyway…

I have a few questions. A few pleads.

You know I'm in college. You know that I'm trying. I would turn into the most angelic human being if you could convince all of my professors to at least let me pass this school semester with a B. Hey, I'll even take a solid C. Please God, help me.

I feel like I can't do this anymore.

I feel like I am slowly being ran over by a train, during a firestorm, in the dead middle of winter. I know that didn't make any sense, but that's where my brain is now. It's tired, jittery and between the state of being completely blank and utterly full of scientific words I can't even pronounce.

On another note, do you know how much caffeine is too much? (or is there even a limit?) I mean, my hands shake, and my brain wins first place in a marathon with every sip of coffee, but that's healthy. Right? Do humans really need a good seven hours of sleep? Or did crazy people on the internet make that up? Oh! Now tell me, is it possible to sleep and study and binge watch my favorite shows at the same time?

God, please just help me.

Let my professors take sympathy for me and my coffee slap me awake so study sessions.

Please.

I'm just a college kid wanting to make it.

Amen.