The Power Of Podcasts

The Power Of Podcasts

Stop listening to music and start listening to podcasts.

38
The Power Of Podcasts

Although podcasts were up and alive for a while now, I just discovered the influential effect of podcasts and the positive changes and thoughts it brings to my daily life. For a long time, all throughout high school and university, I have been listening to music when I'm walking to school or studying. However, I recently turned to the world of podcasts and I can say that I am very glad that I did. Listening to podcasts does not mean that I stopped listening to music, all I'm saying is that a podcast is an option for me when walking to school or just waiting for my classes to start.

Just like music, there are many genres of podcasts to choose from whether they are self-motivational, personal journey, religious thoughts, and more. There are so many great speakers that talk on many different topics that could really change your own way of thinking and just going about life. Especially as a college student, there are many things that stress me out whether it comes to school work, exams, relationships, friendships, and future career. I found out that there are so many great speakers with their own podcasts or a huge podcast that just speak on these topics and give advice or explain their own personal journey and how they overcame the obstacles they ran into. What podcasts do for me is give me another perspective on how someone else other than me tackles a problem and gets me to think about a lot of topics that may have just brushed my mind.

In addition to all these motivational and inspirational podcasts, there are just comedic podcasts that are just for entertainment purposes. When you are down or in a bad mood, an entertaining podcast may be the solution to cheer you up, whether it is someone speaking upon their funny mistakes or any hilarious instances in general. The range of podcasts goes on and on just like the numerous genres of music. There are daily podcasts that you can always keep track of and tune into, or there are just podcasts where you listen to based on the topic you are interested in.

Personally, what I learned as a college student is to get someone else's perspective aside from my peers and my family. It can be difficult to find a mentor or someone older with more experience and knowledge, but podcasts are definitely a solution to that. Although I may not know these people, they are willing to share their journey and problems with the public and I feel like it is a good opportunity that should not go to waste.