Meet Generation Z, The Entitled And Technologically Advanced Future Of The World

They are heroes the world needs.
2140

The generation gap is the easiest way to explain the differences of opinion and perspective between people of different generations. Generation Z, or iGen, is the final generation of the 1900s, and the generation that succeeds millennials. Born between 1995-2012, Generation Z has arguably had the best standard of living to date. Here are some positive and negatives pertaining to Generation Z.

Positives

Technologically Advanced

Millenials have been described as the tech-savvy generation, but they actually grew up in a time where dial-up internet and landlines were considered as technologically advanced. Generation Z has spent their entire adolescence with technology and is easily the most connected generation.They are true digital natives have the world at their fingertips

Educated

This is the most educated generation in history with more kids going to college than ever. Living in the Information Age where research is accessible as ever, its easier to self-educate. Hyper-aware of their surroundings and justice issues concerning racism, sexism, refugees, poverty and more. societal standards began to shift. Attitudes concerning religion, sexuality, and politics as sacred social taboos are being rejected. It's surprising that these kids are more educated than adults in a society where memes move faster than actual news.

Fiscally Responsible

Generation Z tends to not trust big companies or institutions and is financially careful. They have lived through the aftermath of 9/11 and experienced the 2008 economic recession and have learned to become more resourceful as a result.

Work Ethic

When it comes to their work ethic, Generation Z is engaged and members aim to create jobs out of their hobbies. Making the world a better place knowing that past generations are leaving them with a mess is one of their priorities.They want to make a significant impact in the world and not just a comfortable corporate job. These kids are jaded to how hard life is and are willing to put in the work.

Diverse

Diverse in every sense of the word, Generation Z is more diverse than any in American history in terms of ethnicity, sexuality, religion, etc. They welcome changes that could make the world a more inclusive, progressive place, unlike past generations who have been criticized for blindly following tradition.

Negatives

Entitled

The biggest criticism of Generation Z would be that they are an entitled group of individuals who expect people to cater to them. They are often associated with narcissism and how their narcissistic entitlement leads them to believe good things will come their way because they are deserving of them. Some might also harshly label them as clueless as to how the real world operates.

Reliance on Technology

Growing up with technology, and for them, it’s probably hard to go without their devices. This generation is constantly on their phones or devices, checking their phones around 100 times a day. They cannot imagine living without being connected all the time with their peers using apps such as Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter.

Less Focused

Unprepared for adulthood living in a constant state of partial attention. They are obsessed with multitasking. Examples include looking at their phone while having a discussion with a friend or working on two homework assignments at the same time. But devices such as laptops, iPhones, iPads, and tablets might have made it hard for them to focus on all these distractions everywhere.

Depression

Signs of anxiety, depression, and self-harm are increasing among this generation and are on the brink of the worst mental-health crisis in decades. Given the constant streams of mass murders and horrible incidents on the news. The social media usage patterns of this generation make them lonely, anxious, and suicidal.

Inpatient

Used to having everything at their disposal such as streaming whatever they want whenever they want.They seek instant gratification and acceptance through social media rather than slowly making meaningful relationships.

After this generation, Generation Alpha will follow, and then Generation Beta, and so on and so forth. It will be exciting and equally scary to see how young people will shape our future.