is the pledge of allegiance socialist

Some people say the Pledge, while some do not.

Francis Bellamy, the son of a Baptist minister, who also became a minister from upstate New York, wrote the beginnings of what we know today as "The Pledge of Allegiance" Bellamy worked for "Youth's Companion" magazine, a family magazine to develop a school program for the 400th anniversary of the American discovery by Christopher Columbus. This was a marketing scheme by Daniel Sharp Ford, Owner of "Youth's Companion" magazine. Ford started selling flags, and to promote his flag sales, he had his writer, Bellamy create a "pledge".

At 37 years old, Bellamy began working on the Columbus Day project. A major part of the program was to unveil a new salute to the American Flag that school children would recite. Bellamy recalled his boss saying, "You write it, you have a knack for words". This was the beginning of what would become The U.S. Pledge. Bellamy insisted that the pledge include the word "allegiance" this was kind of a kick at the Civil War and the unrest that was still quite recent in the Nation's History

The pledge also has a dark beginning, known as the Bellamy Salute. Fascist nations like Germany and Italy adopted their salutes from American, Bellamy. The Bellamy Salute is a palm-outward, right arm stiffened salute that was literally created by Francis Bellamy at the attempt to sell more flags for the magazine.

October 12, 1892, was the first time the "pledge" was said, and the estimated numbers were around 12 Million school children. It was not until 1943 Supreme Court ruling, that teachers and school administrators could no longer "force" children to say the pledge.

December 22, 1942, lawmakers passed a bill amending the U.S. Flag Code to mandate that the Pledge of Allegiance should "be rendered by standing with the right hand over the heart," exactly like we do it today.

In 1954 President Dwight D. Eisenhower drove a move to add the words "under God" after "one nation."

In conclusion, I do not understand the origins of the pledge, or maybe I do, but simply I do not see it as being an originally patriotic action. Bellamy, a religious minister had every chance to add a religious tie such as "under God" in his original version, I, however, do not believe he created the pledge to last, to become a patriotic symbol, or even a regular custom. Bellamy, in my opinion, created the pledge as a quick marketing scheme to bring in funds for the magazine and to benefit himself. Being a socialist, I do not think the pledge was supposed to be anything more than a kick at the American values, and the American people.

Yes, I say the pledge today, but because I was raised to, I, however, think the pledge today has evolved into something much different than it originally was, It has definitely evolved for the better.