The Place With The Cream Colored Walls

The Place With The Cream Colored Walls

Part 1

10

She finally broke, she wanted to calm the chaos inside her head.

She wanted all the hurt, memories, and scars to go away.

5 hours later she was at the place with the cream-colored walls.

Locks on the outside doors and no privacy within the walls.

All of her belongings taken away from her.

No shoes, no sweatpants, and no hoodies, instead replaced with a sweater too small for her.

She is shown to a small room with two beds, a small shelf, a window, and an adjoining bathroom

She's left to her thoughts as they decide which of her belongings she can keep.

Eventually, she has a couple pairs of shorts, a t-shirt, and a book.

She looks into the small box of a bathroom, barely room to have a shower, toilet, and sink.

The shelf has deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a small disposable comb.

She looks out the window and finds a small lake in the distance.

The lake reminds her of home.

The trails she would walk and standing on the bridge over the rushing river.

Being able to forget all her troubles.

She's interrupted by a man who introduces himself, but she can't remember the name.

"It's getting late, you should sleep," the man suggests. She nods without saying a word.

He leaves the doorway and she shuts the door before climbing into bed.

The sheets are sterile, like a hospital, she can smell it.

The man opens the door again, "Sorry, you can't close the door all the way."

He leaves the door cracked as he leaves.

She closes her eyes and tries to sleep, but instead her head is full of everyone back home.

Have I disappointed them by coming here?

A single tear escapes her eye, and she hurries to brush it away.

A little while later, the man pokes his head into the room again, and she pretends to be asleep.

Eventually she falls asleep to a night full of nightmares and the chaos within her.