The Pain Of Abuse

The Pain Of Abuse

Despite all of this hurt and pain; I know that I will be okay.

50
The Pain Of Abuse
YouTube

It still hurts.
Every time it takes another piece of me, breaks me down a little more, and makes my wounds feel brand new.

It isn't fair how excuses are always made for you.
You have no real reason for doing what you did or what you continue to do.

I don't understand how you have taken so much from me and yet it still isn't enough.

I'll never understand choices you've made, or how hurting someone who did everything to help you comes so easily.

I never did anything to deserve what you've done to me.
I did everything I possibly could to make it stop.
I'm not at fault here.
Sure I wasn't perfect, but nothing I ever said or did was cause for your actions.
I never lashed out in spite.
Or attempted to get even with you.
Not once, not ever, and not even now.

Nothing you do will ever make this right.
Nothing you say will ever take away the pain and disrespect I've felt for years and will probably feel for the rest of my life.
Not amount of counseling or therapy will ever make these memories fade.

Just know nothing could ever make what I've been through okay.

I wish you could understand how much pain I am in; I am in physical pain from being so heart broken.
I've cried so much the tears don't even fall anymore.
I feel like I'm dying and there is nothing that can help me.
No medicine to fix the pain I am in.
There are no words or enough sympathy to make my hurt go away.

You may say I wasn't abused, or that you weren't abusive.
My scars and bruises aren't visible to you, but the damage is there.

I know this isn't the end of my story.
One day, some how, some way; I will be healed.